PayBright provides flexible, affordable, and transparent payment options for Canadians. We partner with merchants to offer innovative payment plans at the point of sale – both in e-commerce environments and in-store locations. We are one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech companies and have partnered with over 5,000 merchants across Canada including major retailers such as Wayfair, eBay, and Samsung. To date, we have helped over 250,000 Canadians purchase services and products. We are a diverse and growing team of over 100 people located in downtown Toronto. Visit us at paybright.com.
We are looking for a self motivated and resourceful Controller to join our ever-expanding team. Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Controller will play a key role in one of Canada’s leading growth-stage fintech companies.
The Controller will lead day to day operational duties of the Finance Team, including organizing and preparing financial statements, managing daily cash flows, and scaling and improving our financial systems and processes.
- Implement new tools and processes to scale the finance team
- Oversee all monthly reporting to both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring timely completion and submission
- Oversee and reconcile all daily cash inflows and outflows, including management of credit facilities
- Work closely with our external auditors to coordinate the completion of our annual financial statements and audit
- Work with our Technology and Business Intelligence Teams to evaluate, improve, and implement various reporting tools to drive reporting automation
- Manage operational processes such as payroll, tax filings, payments, etc.
- Assist the Senior Management Team on Board and Investor presentations
- Other processes and functions, including financial analysis and projects as required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Accounting designation such as CPA or CA
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Accounting, Finance or Treasury-related areas
- Experience building out the appropriate tools and processes, and scaling a Finance team in a similar industry
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, and ASPE
- Proven analysis, cash management, forecasting and modeling experience
- Extremely detail oriented and a natural critical thinker
- Strategic, goal driven, focused, with a “can-do” attitude
Why should you apply?
PayBright offers an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
Monthly and quarterly team events and social activities
We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
We have a prime downtown Toronto location near amenities and public transportation