Backend Software Engineer - Platform Scale
Who are we? 🚀
PayFit is one of the fastest growing SaaS startups in Europe with 500 employees and over 5,000 customers in just a few years, in France, Germany, the UK, Spain and Italy. Backed by a group of highly reputable institutional investors, PayFit is revolutionising HR software by automating payroll and simplifying HR management for SMEs.
Our mission is to support the digital transformation of SME's Human Resources through a reliable SaaS solution that offers a unique experience to its users. We leverage our own coding language to customise our software quickly to each market, so that our customers can easily process pay slips, request holidays and manage their expenses.
We're passionate and enthusiastic about our mission, and committed to maintaining a culture that cares deeply about its employees and customers.
A brief overview of the Platform Scale squad 📚
Our main mission is to ensure the scalability & maintainability of PayFit's distributed system. This involves building core tools used throughout the whole engineering organisation.
💡 The team's current priority is focused on messaging at scale.
A brief overview of our day-to-day stack:
• Code collaboration: GitHub, CircleCI
• Project management and knowledge: JIRA, Notion
• Communication: Slack, Zoom
Your mission: Scale PayFit's architecture ⭐
• Build core tools & products that are used across the engineering organisation to guarantee the scalability of PayFit's services.
• Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency of PayFit's services.
• Build a culture of technical excellence: exceptional testing, automated end-to-end testing, shadow deploys, and high observability.
• Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards, and to cultivate innovation and collaboration across multiple teams.
This job has been tailored for you if... 🦄
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
• You are experienced in software development, specifically in distributed system.
• You are experienced in public cloud solutions.
• You have excellent communication skills.
• You are a doer with a creative force and a high attention to detail: strive for the highest quality with an iterative approach mindset
• You are receptive to feedback, to be mentored and mentor. We're caring and make sure that everyone can grow. You will be empowered. You will empower others.
• You speak english fluently and you want to work in an international and dynamic environment
Icing on the cake 🍰
• You have 5 years of experience in software engineering.
• You are experienced designing, evolving, and troubleshooting distributed systems.
• You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• You promote early risks identification and have a impact-center approach
• You have experience with:
- At least 2 programming languages : Go is our go-to but we will appreciate your other programming skills with Python, Scala..
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems
- Messaging/Queue Management (SQS, Kafka, etc...)
What we offer ❤️
• An amazing work environment, designed for kindness and blossoming
• An attractive remuneration package
• An international and dynamic team with the opportunity to visit our different offices (Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, London)
• A work from anywhere policy
• A gym inside the office and Gymlib subscription with preferential rate
• Regular team and global events
• Restaurant tickets
• 4 weeks of paternity leave (fully covered) and 20 weeks of maternity leave (fully covered)
• Henner health insurance (60% covered by PayFit)
• Great coffee, fruits, snacks, foosball, MPG Teams or even team yoga classes
• MacBooks are our standard, but we'll provide whatever equipment you need to help you get your job done!
1️⃣ Applicant initial validation: added value, key achievements, motivations, job match
2️⃣ Meet Engineering Director
3️⃣ Meet a Future Collegue
4️⃣ Participate in a Systems Design exercise
5️⃣ Meet a PayFit co-founder
Want to know more about our epic team? 👀
We are looking for passionate and innovative people who want to build the next big success story with us! Do you recognise yourself in these words? Do you want to join an incredible adventure?
Tell us who you are, what you’ve done and what you're looking to achieve. We’ll be more than happy to meet you :)