Senior Software Engineer - Platform Tribe
Who are we? 🚀
PayFit simplifies payroll management and HR processes for SMBs. We have built a fast, intuitive and automated SaaS solution to help business owners and HR professionals save time and money allowing them to refocus and what really matters: their employees. Through PayFit, employees have a dedicated access for their payslips and are able to manage efficiently their leave and expense requests. To build such a solution, we have created our own programming language: JetLang. Thanks to JetLang we were able to code Labour Code and collective agreements, and today we continue to add new features.
We have set ourselves a mission to support the digital transformation of HR management through our ever growing range of product features and services. We have a strong presence in France since 2015 and have been quickly growing in Germany, Spain and the UK. More than 3500 companies such as Big Mamma, MinuteBuzz or Sellsy to name a few already trust us. Over 500 PayFiters have already joined the adventure and we have raised 95M€ to keep growing.
Your missions ⭐
• Build core tools & products that are used across the engineering organisation to guarantee the scalability of PayFit's services.
• Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of PayFit's services.
• Build a culture of technical excellence: exceptional testing, automated end-to-end testing, shadow deploys, and high observability.
• Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards, and to cultivate innovation and collaboration across multiple teams.
• Contribute to a culture of continuous improvements & ownership.
This job has been tailored for you if... 🦄
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
• You are experienced in software development, specifically in distributed system.
• You are experienced in public cloud solutions.
• You have excellent communication skills
We are meant to work together if... 👪
• You have 7 years of experience in software engineering.
• You are experienced designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting distributed systems.
• You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive. ownership and drive.
• You have experience with:
- At least 2 programming languages : Go is our go-to but we will appreciate your other programming skills with Python, Scala..
- Queue Management (SQS, Kafka, etc...)
- Storage (MongoDB, Redis, etc...)
What we offer ❤️
• an amazing working environment, designed for kindness and blossoming,
• an attractive remuneration package,
• an international and dynamic team with the opportunity to visit our different offices (Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, London),
• remote friendly policy,
• a gym inside the office and Gymlib subscription with preferential rate,
• regular team and global events,
• restaurant tickets,
• 4 weeks of paternity leave (fully covered) and 20 weeks of maternity leave (fully covered),
• Henner insurance (60% covered by PayFit),
• great coffee, fruits, snacks, foosball, MPG Teams or even team yoga classes,
• MacBooks are our standard, but we'll provide whatever equipment you need to help you get your job done!
Hiring process ⚙️
1️⃣ Phone interviews with Antoine, Tech Recruiter and Amal, Engineering Director
2️⃣ On-site (or visio) meetings with:
• Antoine, Tech Recruiter
• Guillaume, Clément or Karim, Site Reliability Engineers
• Amal, Director of Engineering
• Arnaud, VP of Engineering
3️⃣ BBQ test to share drinks and mingle with the entire PayFit team (no sausage, no test 🙈)
Want to know more about our epic team? 👀
We are looking for passionate and innovative people who want to build the next big success story with us! Do you recognise yourself in these words? Do you want to join an incredible adventure?
Tell us who you are, what you’ve done and what you're looking to achieve. We’ll be more than happy to meet you :)