Product – Product Design /
PayMongo builds the most advanced online payments infrastructure in SE Asia, starting in the Philippines. Over the next few years, we will build a broad suite of products that aims to lower the barriers and remove all the complexities in payments. We are rapidly expanding to serve diverse needs of thousands of business. To continue on this exponential period of growth, we seek to build the best and the most diverse team of thinkers, doers and starters.
As a Product Designer, you will be a champion on producing and balancing user-centered solutions and business requirements. You will collaborate with our UX research lead, UI designer, our UX junior associate and future members of the product design. You are expected to work an iterative design process, always trying to validate design assumptions as fast as possible without sacrificing work quality.
- Facilitate design sprints to ideate solutions with UI designers, Software engineers and necessary stakeholders
- Ideate solutions that will cover MVP and future states of the solution
- Assist Product managers on making design decisions by balancing business and user needs
- Assist Product managers on creating a design backlog for future implementations and improvements
- Balance business and user centricity decisions when ideating solutions
- Identify and understand the core problems to be solved based on UX research output
- Connecting and grouping of problems and solutions
- Communicate design solutions with the rest of the team through documentations and presentations
- Monitor and ensure that feature is built as intended in the development phase
- Write documentations and case studies
- Produce working prototypes, low fidelity mock-ups with a mindset to validate assumptions as soon as possible
You may be fit if:
- You know the best practices in UX and product design
- You have preferably 2-4 years work experience working on products in a fast-phase work environment
- You have a strong sense of ownership and autonomy, with little to no supervision required to deliver expected output within an agreed, specified timeline
- You are a resourceful team player with great communication skills
- You are a self-learner
- You are strategic, systematic and forward thinking; you are always considering the pros and cons of what may happen once an interface, a feature or component is implemented.
- You understand that every action implemented creates a rippling effect, whether that's progressive or retrogressive
You may stand out if:
- You have an outstanding portfolio with case studies to show for
- You have experience creating, scaling and maintaining design systems
- You have case studies on SAAS companies
- You understand the complexity and limitations of implementing designs in code
- You worked in a fintech company or similar products it may have
PayMongo is a financial technology company enabling businesses to receive payments online easily. We started the company in March 2019, and we are backed by Silicon Valley's most forward-thinking investors including Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Founders Fund and Stripe. We are looking for people with passion, grit and the integrity to help us build the future of payments.