Senior Full Stack Engineer
Paytient is on a mission to help people live better lives by improving their ability to better access and afford care.
Our financial technology gives Americans the funds they need to pay for the more than $400 Billion in out-of-pocket healthcare expenses (e.g., spending within deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance) that were billed last year.
For too long, there has been too much preventable financial harm and delayed or deferred care hurting patients and providers. We envision a fairer future, over the horizon, where every American can more easily pay for care and live a financially healthier life.
Founded in 2018, Paytient has raised over $6M in venture capital from leading investors to fuel our mission.
Solving this problem presents a generational, multi-billion-dollar opportunity to become the payments and financing layer for healthcare transactions in the US.
We live every minute in that special, impactful area of overlap between healthcare and fintech knowing we’re solving a big, important societal issue. If that’s exciting to you, then we would love to hear from you.
How you can help
Paytient is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who is passionate about the power of Paytient's platform and mission to help remove cost as a barrier to care.
In this role, you will help our team build and enhance the Paytient product, mentor junior engineers, and maintain engineering best practices.
The role reports to our CTO, and you can work from our Columbia, MO office, or anywhere within the United States.
- Design and build new features for our core products
- Collaborate closely with product and design to continuously innovate on Paytient's projects
- Improve existing applications' speed and reliability
- Serve as a mentor for junior engineers
- Be a part of the decision making process as it relates to our products architecture, speed, and reliability
- 5+ years of professional Java and Spring software development experience
- Expert in designing and maintaining REST APIs
- Expert in integrating third party services (Plaid, Twilio, Stripe, SendGrid, etc.)
- Expert in writing readable and testable code (JUnit, Mockito, Spock, etc.)
- Experience with FreeMarker
- Experience building complex web applications
- Experience building and supporting production quality software
- Experience with AWS, relational databases, MVC Architecture, and OOP principles
- Strong computer science fundamentals - a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field or similar experience
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Optional but helpful; experience working at an early stage startup
- Permanent US work authorization required
At Paytient we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Compensation & Benefits
- Remote-with-Roots: Paytient is a mostly remote company with roots in Columbia, Missouri, as such, we pay geographically-agnostic, stage-appropriate, talent-based salaries. We're proud to call Columbia, Missouri home and welcomes new remote hires to visit us so they’ll come to know what we already know to be true – CoMo is an unexpectedly awesome place to live, work and play.
- A direct primary care membership
- Your choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance made better with built-in deductible financing of $5,000 on your personal Paytient card
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution up to 4% of your salary
- 5 weeks of encouraged paid time off available on your first day for your physical and mental health
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- $50 monthly phone stipend
- $100 monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- $500 one-time stipend to enhance your remote work experience
- A company provided computer
- Two awesome company retreats a year