Strategy and Operations Manager
Sales and Ops /
Paytient is on a mission to help people live better lives by improving their ability to better access and afford care.
Our financial technology gives Americans the funds they need to pay for the more than $400 Billion in out-of-pocket healthcare expenses (e.g., spending within deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance) that were billed last year.
For too long, there has been too much preventable financial harm and delayed or deferred care hurting patients and providers. We envision a fairer future, over the horizon, where every American can more easily pay for care and live a financially healthier life.
Founded in 2018, Paytient has raised over $6M in venture capital from leading investors to fuel our mission.
Solving this problem presents a generational, multi-billion-dollar opportunity to become the payments and financing layer for healthcare transactions in the US.
We live every minute in that special, impactful area of overlap between healthcare and fintech knowing we’re solving a big, important societal issue. If that’s exciting to you, then we would love to hear from you.
How you can help
We are looking for a Strategy & Operations Manager who is passionate about the power of Paytient's platform and mission to help remove cost as a barrier to care for millions of Americans. You will support that mission by working alongside the leadership team to advance mission-critical projects spanning internal priorities (e.g., refine commercial/ go-to-market strategy based on learnings), as well as client/ customer facing initiatives (e.g., supporting implementation efforts for key partnerships and large client accounts).
This will serve as an ideal entry point for exceptional business talent to enter a high-growth organization at the cutting edge of healthcare innovation. The role reports to our Chief Commercial Officer, and you can work from our Columbia, MO office, or anywhere within the United States.
- Analyze, optimize, and scale Paytient’s operational processes as the company scales
- Partner with Sales, Marketing and Product and company leadership to implement new programs and GTM strategy
- Collaborate with Finance and department heads to define quarterly budgets, goals, and objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Report on performance and recommend growth opportunities based on data-driven insights
- Conduct financial and competitive analyses to help prioritize Paytient’s strategic roadmap
- Own other ad-hoc initiatives as directed by senior leadership
- 2-5 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy or a related field in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Working understanding of the US healthcare ecosystem (e.g., Health Plans, Third Party Administrators, Providers) and the specific challenges facing each stakeholder
- Excellent analytical skills and comfort with financial modeling
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal), with experience presenting to and influencing senior leadership
- Experience managing cross-functional projects, including process design and implementation
- Comfortable with ambiguity – thrives in unstructured environments and desires ownership
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with SQL and Tableau a plus
- Ability to travel (eventually…)
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Optional but helpful; experience working at an early stage startup
- Permanent US work authorization required
At Paytient we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Compensation & Benefits
- Remote-with-Roots: Paytient is a mostly remote company with roots in Columbia, Missouri, as such, we pay geographically-agnostic, stage-appropriate, talent-based salaries. We're proud to call Columbia, Missouri home and welcomes new remote hires to visit us so they’ll come to know what we already know to be true – CoMo is an unexpectedly awesome place to live, work and play.
- A direct primary care membership
- Your choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance made better with built-in deductible financing of $5,000 on your personal Paytient card
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution up to 4% of your salary
- 5 weeks of encouraged paid time off available on your first day for your physical and mental health
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- $50 monthly phone stipend
- $100 monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- $500 one-time stipend to enhance your remote work experience
- A company provided computer
- Two awesome company retreats a year