Product Designer (UI/UX)
Sales and Ops /
Paytient is on a mission to help people live better lives by improving their ability to better access and afford care.
Our financial technology gives Americans the funds they need to pay for the more than $400 Billion in out-of-pocket healthcare expenses (e.g., spending within deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance) that were billed last year.
For too long, there has been too much preventable financial harm and delayed or deferred care hurting patients and providers. We envision a fairer future, over the horizon, where every American can more easily pay for care and live a financially healthier life.
Founded in 2018, Paytient has raised over $6M in venture capital from leading investors to fuel our mission.
Solving this problem presents a generational, multi-billion-dollar opportunity to become the payments and financing layer for healthcare transactions in the US.
We live every minute in that special, impactful area of overlap between healthcare and fintech knowing we’re solving a big, important societal issue. If that’s exciting to you, then we would love to hear from you.
How you can help
Paytient is looking for its first Product Designer to work alongside the CEO and Product team to implement new and existing features into the Paytient experience. You will observe, listen, create, anticipate and translate gaps and needs in the customer experience into development-ready designs.
This role reports to our CEO, and you can work from our Columbia, MO office, or anywhere within the United States.
- Influence the product direction by crafting intuitive and simple user journeys and cross-platform interactive prototypes with pixel perfect visual design
- Design experiences across all our platforms: iOS, Android, Web
- Partner with engineers as they build and ship
- Work across the organization by collaborating with Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to understand the customer experience and needs
- 5+ years of experience working in UX, UI with experience working on mobile
- Highly proficient with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Principle, etc)
- Working knowledge of frontend technologies and languages (HTML/CSS/JS) is a big plus
- Ability to produce mockups is strongly preferred
- Portfolio of work samples for web and mobile applications
- Commitment to top quality - you sweat the details and love implementation challenges
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate your designs and receive feedback gracefully
- Passion for storytelling and communicating even complex concepts elegantly and simply
- Experience implementing design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment
- Proven track record of working within a Product team that has shipped an obviously successful, elegant consumer product strongly preferred.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Optional but helpful; experience working at an early stage startup
- Permanent US work authorization required
At Paytient we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Compensation & Benefits
- Remote-with-Roots: Paytient is a mostly remote company with roots in Columbia, Missouri, as such, we pay geographically-agnostic, stage-appropriate, talent-based salaries. We're proud to call Columbia, Missouri home and welcomes new remote hires to visit us so they’ll come to know what we already know to be true – CoMo is an unexpectedly awesome place to live, work and play.
- A direct primary care membership
- Your choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance made better with built-in deductible financing of $5,000 on your personal Paytient card
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution up to 4% of your salary
- 5 weeks of encouraged paid time off available on your first day for your physical and mental health
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- $50 monthly phone stipend
- $100 monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- $500 one-time stipend to enhance your remote work experience
- A company provided computer
- Two awesome company retreats a year