Back End Engineer
Columbia, MO /
We’re on a mission to help people better access and afford care.
Most Americans have health insurance today, but increasingly high deductibles mean far too many Americans face the painful choice between physical and financial health if they get sick or injured. We partner with thoughtful employers, payers, and local health systems to turn patients into Paytients — people empowered to care for their families. Paytient offers a card that is not a loan or another Buy Now Pay Later option. It’s a sponsored, interest-free line of credit that we call a Health Payment Account (HPA). It works alongside HDHPs, HSAs, FSAs, HRAs, and other health benefits to make it easier to pay for care.
We’re a 75-person team of world-class technologists, healthcare experts, and benefits leaders. As we grow, we’re looking for passionate, collaborative builders to join our team and help us further our mission. Our “remote with roots” model allows us to work where we thrive and gather as needed, often in our home office in Columbia, Missouri.
About The Role:
Paytient is looking for a Backend Software Engineer that is motivated by solving big challenges and is passionate about working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to build elegant software. If you want to make a difference in the lives of our customers and are excited about working at a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech startup focused on enabled better access to healthcare, come join our team!
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to build new features that solve real problems for our customers
- "Run what you build" by participating in deployments, on-call, and support responsibilities
- Build scalable, testable, performant, and secure software applications that have a meaningful impact on our business
- Learn from others, share your own knowledge, and actively grow your career
What You'll Bring:
- Involvement in the entire Product SDLC for 2-4 years
- Experience with Java or other OOP languages
- Experience building microservices, SOA, or distributed systems (especially on a public Cloud like AWS)
- Previous participation in technical discussions about architecture or system design
Compensation and Benefits:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paytient Health Payment Account (HPA)
• Monthly lifestyle spending stipend
• 33 days of annual PTO
• 401k plan access with a 4% employer match
• 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
• Stock options in Paytient
• ...and more!
Paytient is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We are currently unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas.