Columbia, MO /
Help people better access and afford care.
Most care in the future will be cash purchased or financed versus insured. While this sounds massively disruptive it is not without precedent.
We believe this societal shift is actually a good thing and will rhyme with its historic analogue of how retirement savings shifted from being an employer-paid, defined benefit (pension) to an employee-oriented, defined contribution (401k) model. This societal shift liberated employers from expensive, unmanageable costs totally unrelated to their core business and catalyzed a Cambrian explosion of innovation relating to retirement and financial services.
We see the same shift slowly underway in healthcare, as evidenced by higher deductibles, and we are positioning Paytient to be the enabling financial platform upon which the effortless buying and selling of sub-catastrophic care will be built and transacted.
Offered by employers and insurers, Paytient is embedded or put alongside health plans to give 'paytients' the ability to pay for unexpected, out-of-pocket expenses over time - always without interest or fees. We are wedging into the world by putting Paytient into the purses and wallets of millions of people and helping better access and afford care.
With headquartered roots in Columbia, Missouri, we are a founder-led, privately held company funded by Inspired Capital, Box Group, Felicis Ventures, Lachy Groom, Lightbank, and Cultivation Capital.
We could talk all day about being "mission-driven", but we'll let some of our customers and partners describe why the work we're doing is so impactful:
"This was a complete lifesaver for me and was provided when I needed it most. Super easy and great payment plan choices"
"Paytient is incredibly efficient. The Paytient app captures all of my expenses instantly. I am able to setup a convenient payment plan within seconds of my health care encounter."
"Paytient is an easy interest free way to pay healthcare costs that would otherwise strain my budget. Paying for unforeseen visits to the doctor, prescriptions and even vet bills over a period of time has been a great relief for myself and my family."
- C. Ezell
"Our employees appreciate having the Paytient card available when unexpected medical bills arise. It is easy for employees to use and HR to manage through the online portal."
About The Role:
Paytient is looking for a marketing copywriter to join our creative services team. In this role you’ll play a key role in crafting compelling messages in multiple channels to educate and engage business stakeholders and consumers with our product. You’ll craft copy for everything from our mobile app, website landing pages, and email to social media posts and ad campaigns. You’ll consistently deploy and evolve our brand voice and produce letter perfect copy in collaboration with teams across the organization from marketing and product to sales.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute and perfect copy for a wide range of marketing requests in collaboration with our design team.
- Ensure brand voice consistency across all channels.
- Support our product design team with copywriting for our mobile app, constructing tests and adapting based on user feedback.
- Collaborate with our sales team to create compelling sales marketing collateral that evolves based on market feedback.
- Craft compelling email copy for a range of b2b and b2c contextsDevelop and iterate ad campaign copy with conversion rates that surpass benchmarks.
- Act as the final proofread to ensure letter perfect collateral across channels.
What You'll Bring:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with copywriting for mobile applications, web, email, and ad campaigns
- Ability to craft effective headlines and strong calls to action
- A creative eye and experience collaborating with graphic designers to craft marketing collateral with visual impact
- Experience crafting scripts for video or other multimedia channels
- Knowledge of copywriting standards and experience codifying a copy style guide
- A collaborative spirit, willing to hear feedback and make adjustments
- A sense of urgency to support teammates
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects with competing priorities
Compensation and Benefits:
-Remote-with-Roots: With roots in Columbia, Missouri, we welcome new hires to visit us so they’ll come to know what we already know to be true – CoMo is an unexpectedly awesome place to live, work and play
-A monthly stipend for direct primary care membership
-Your choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance made better with a built-in ability to pay for care over time with Paytient*
-401(k) plan with a 100% matching contribution up to 4% of your salary*
-33 days of encouraged paid time off per year*
-A monthly phone stipend
-A monthly stipend for your choice of professional development
-16 weeks of paid parental leave*
-An awesome company retreat every year
*Denotes benefits available for full-time employees
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Paytient is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.