VP of Sales - Hospitals and Health Systems
Sales and Ops /
Paytient is on a mission to help people live better lives by improving their ability to better access and afford care.
Our financial technology gives Americans the funds they need to pay for the more than $400 Billion in out-of-pocket healthcare expenses (e.g., spending within deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance) that were billed last year.
For too long, there has been too much preventable financial harm and delayed or deferred care hurting patients and providers. We envision a fairer future, over the horizon, where every American can more easily pay for care and live a financially healthier life.
Founded in 2018, Paytient has raised over $6M in venture capital from leading investors to fuel our mission.
Solving this problem presents a generational, multi-billion-dollar opportunity to become the payments and financing layer for healthcare transactions in the US.
We live every minute in that special, impactful area of overlap between healthcare and fintech knowing we’re solving a big, important societal issue. If that’s exciting to you, then we would love to hear from you.
How you can help
We are looking for a Vice President of Sales who is passionate about the power of Paytient's platform and mission to help remove cost as a barrier to care for millions of Americans. You will support that mission by leading our outreach to Hospitals and Health Systems, with an eye towards direct sales and partnerships that integrate Paytient into Hospitals/ Health Systems’ broader RCM strategy.
The role reports to our Chief Commercial Officer, and you can work from our Columbia, MO office, or anywhere within the United States.
- Expand Paytient’s footprint through direct sales and partnerships with hospitals and health systems across the US
- Define the strategy for how to best approach different “segments” of health systems
- Manage opportunities provided by Paytient’s team of Sales Development Representatives
- Proactively find new opportunities in Paytient’s ideal account profile
- Collaborate with Paytient’s customer success team to transition new customers onto the platform
- Manage and grow connections with insurance brokers and consultants, leveraging these relationships towards high-value and strategic customer growth
- “Land and expand” by transitioning closed sales into partnership opportunities
- Set aggressive goals and achieve them
- 10+ years of proven enterprise sales experience selling into hospitals and health systems with multiple influencers and complex buying processes
- Experience selling technology-based products, preferably into the one or more of the HR, Finance and RCM functions of hospitals and health systems
- Persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are capable of comprehending and presenting complex technical topics and information in an easy to understand format
- Comfortable working in a competitive, quota driven environment
- Proven track record of selling for a startup or early stage company
- High standards as a client-facing steward of our business
- Ability to travel (eventually…)
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Optional but helpful; experience working at an early stage startup
- Permanent US work authorization required
At Paytient we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Compensation & Benefits
- Remote-with-Roots: Paytient is a mostly remote company with roots in Columbia, Missouri, as such, we pay geographically-agnostic, stage-appropriate, talent-based salaries. We're proud to call Columbia, Missouri home and welcomes new remote hires to visit us so they’ll come to know what we already know to be true – CoMo is an unexpectedly awesome place to live, work and play.
- A direct primary care membership
- Your choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance made better with built-in deductible financing of $5,000 on your personal Paytient card
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution up to 4% of your salary
- 5 weeks of encouraged paid time off available on your first day for your physical and mental health
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- $50 monthly phone stipend
- $100 monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- $500 one-time stipend to enhance your remote work experience
- A company provided computer
- Two awesome company retreats a year