Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Paytient is on a mission to help people live better lives by improving their ability to better access and afford care.
Our financial technology gives Americans the funds they need to pay for the more than $400 Billion in out-of-pocket healthcare expenses (e.g., spending within deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance) that were billed last year.
For too long, there has been too much preventable financial harm and delayed or deferred care hurting patients and providers. We envision a fairer future, over the horizon, where every American can more easily pay for care and live a financially healthier life.
Founded in 2018, Paytient has raised over $6M in venture capital from leading investors to fuel our mission.
Solving this problem presents a generational, multi-billion-dollar opportunity to become the payments and financing layer for healthcare transactions in the US.
We live every minute in that special, impactful area of overlap between healthcare and fintech knowing we’re solving a big, important societal issue. If that’s exciting to you, then we would love to hear from you.
How you can help
Paytient is looking for a self-motivated and driven Senior Frontend Software Engineer who is looking to build elegant software, make a difference in the lives of our customers and is excited about working at a venture-backed, financial technology/healthcare startup.
In this role, you will work on the Paytient mobile application, written in React Native and available on iOS and Android. In addition, you will work on a consumer facing web application written in React. Greenfield frontend projects include new applications that support partners, employers, and internal users.
The role reports to our CTO, and you can work from our Columbia, MO office, or anywhere within the United States.
- Lead the team in best practices, technology selection, and architecture
- Serve as a mentor to other teammates to help develop their skills
- Collaborate closely with product and design to continuously innovate on Paytient's products
- Design, plan, and implement future improvements to our mobile and web applications
- Write high quality, maintainable code
- 6+ years professional experience as front-end software engineer
- Passion for delighting customers and creating simple solutions to complex problems
- Expert with React, React Native, and Redux
- Expert with unit and integration testing (Jest, Detox)
- Experience with consuming REST APIs and integrating with third party services (Stripe, Plaid, etc)
- Preferred: domain knowledge/or interest in financial or healthcare technology
- Preferred: demonstrated experience building and shipping mobile applications
- Preferred: experience with Visual Studio App Center for mobile application CI/CD
- Preferred: experience with JAMstack static site generators such as Gatsby or Next.js
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Optional but helpful; experience working at an early stage startup
- Permanent US work authorization required
At Paytient we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Compensation & Benefits
- Remote-with-Roots: Paytient is a mostly remote company with roots in Columbia, Missouri, as such, we pay geographically-agnostic, stage-appropriate, talent-based salaries. We're proud to call Columbia, Missouri home and welcomes new remote hires to visit us so they’ll come to know what we already know to be true – CoMo is an unexpectedly awesome place to live, work and play.
- A direct primary care membership
- Your choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance made better with built-in deductible financing of $5,000 on your personal Paytient card
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution up to 4% of your salary
- 5 weeks of encouraged paid time off available on your first day for your physical and mental health
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- $50 monthly phone stipend
- $100 monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- $500 one-time stipend to enhance your remote work experience
- A company provided computer
- Two awesome company retreats a year