Internal Control - Manager
Noida, Uttar Pradesh /
Finance – Finance Operations & Support /
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
This team improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to concerned teams.
About the role:
1. Identification of cost saving/reduction opportunities
2. Developing insightful analysis about business and their strategic and operational implications
3. Analyze data from multiple angles, looking for trends that highlight areas of concerns or opportunities
4. Perform process walkthroughs to identify key risk and able to implement controls against the same
5. Ensure that identified bugs/issues are well defined and root causes are identified.
6. Suggest remedial action plan (incident or systemic)/ process improvement points for rectifying the gaps identified
7. Interface with the business for rigorous follow up for implementation of the recommendation and providing support for the same
8. Demonstrating the ability to research issues, trends, benchmark study etc. via external sources
9. Open to work in a dynamic environment.
Expectations/ Requirements :
1. Preferably Chartered Accountant with 3 years of relevant experience in internal audit/ operation audit (preferably from reputed consulting firm)/candidate from Payment Industry is highly preferred
2. Understanding of risk and control concepts, identify gaps and suggest best practices
3. Processes oriented and have hands on experience in writing SOP’s/ Policies
4. Practical exposures to Data Analysis and familiarity with IT tools and audit techniques
5. Internal Stakeholder Engagement
6. Good verbal & written communication skills for coordinating across teams
7. Excellent team player, comfortable with working with all levels within the company
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role :
1. Ability to take internal and external stakeholders along
2. Must have worked on cost optimization projects
3. Strong people management exposure
Education: Must be a qualified CA.
Why join us :
Because you get an opportunity to make a difference, and have a great time doing that.
You are challenged and encouraged here to do stuff that is meaningful for you and for those we serve.
We are successful, and our successes are rooted in our people's collective energy and unwavering focus on the customer, and that's how it will always be
Compensation: If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!