Software Engineer - Security
About Paytm Labs:
Paytm Labs is located in the heart of Toronto, nestled between the busy Finance and vibrant entertainment District. Transmitting billions of bytes of electronic and secure data at dizzying speed is our forte, it allows us to make commerce more accessible and convenient. We proudly support Paytm India and we are the birth place of the Paytm Canada app.
In 2017, we launched the Paytm Canada App, a consumer-facing mobile application allowing consumers to pay their bills using multiple payment options with no fees, earn points, and make peer-to-peer payments.
Paytm India is the largest leading Payment gateway that offers comprehensive payment services for approximately 250 million customers and 7 million merchants. We offer mobile payment solutions to allow consumers to make seamless mobile payments from Credit Cards, Bank Accounts, and Digital Credit among others. We pioneered and are the leader of QR code based mobile payments in India. With the launch of Paytm Payments Bank, we aim to bring banking and financial services to half-a-billion un-served and under-served people in India and around the globe.
Paytm Labs is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work! We are small, diverse, and tight-knit team that is committed to working for the end consumer. We leverage our expertise in technology to build lasting, secure, and efficient solutions. Our creative and incredibly talented engineers work to provide customized and confidential experiences for consumer of Paytm India and Paytm Canada. We encourage our employees to take charge of their innovative ideas and execute them with passion and vigor.
Paytm Labs is looking for a Software Engineer to work on our security operations platform which ingest, audit, alerts us of potential issues every day. If building protecting a tech company with automation excites you, then read on!
Our ideal candidate is an problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice. We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you.
• Design large scale systems with high complexity to support our distributed environment.
• Understand how to leverage infrastructure for solving such large scale problems.
• Adopt problem solving as a way of life – always go to root cause!
• Support the code you write in production.
• Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming.
• In-depth understanding of concurrency and distributed computing.
• Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
• Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent experience in SaaS platform development.
• Experience with implementing platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Database Clients.
• Experience with AWS services.
• Contribution to open source projects.
What We Offer:
• We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency.
• Enrollment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from the day you start working, no waiting period.
• We believe in hard work, fun, innovation, and team building. Every other month, we plan an activity to celebrate that. So far, we've gone biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rocking climbing, and go-karting (to name a few).
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our "Chief Chocolate Officer" is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for all.
• Ping Pong: A chance to be Paytm Labs table tennis champion!
*Selected candidates will be given a technical challenge*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.