At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
Paytm Labs is looking for a Software Engineer to work on our personalization platform which generates over 3 billion recommendations every day. If building high throughput, low latency systems excites you, then read on!
Our ideal candidate is an problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice. We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you.
• Design large scale systems with high complexity to support our high throughput applications.
• Understand how to leverage infrastructure for solving such large scale problems.
• Work with our machine learning engineers to put cutting edge deep learning algorithms in production.
• Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible.
• Adopt problem solving as a way of life – always go to root cause!Support the code you write in production.
• Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming.
• In-depth understanding of concurrency and distributed computing.
• Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages, preferably Scala.
• Experience writing concurrent, distributed applications using frameworks like Akka.
• Experience with NoSQL databases and distributed cache.
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
• Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent experience in SaaS platform development.
•Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to Scala, Java.
• Experience with implementing platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Database Clients.
• Experience with AWS services.
• Contribution to open source projects.
What We Offer:
• We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency.
• Enrollment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from the day you start working, no waiting period.
• We believe in hard work, fun, innovation, and team building. Every other month, we plan an activity to celebrate that. So far, we've gone biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rock climbing, and go-karting (to name a few).
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our "Chief Chocolate Officer" is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for all.
• Ping Pong: A chance to be Paytm Labs table tennis champion!
*Selected candidates will be given a technical challenge*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.