Executive Assistant to the CEO
Toronto, Canada /
Paytm Labs – Labs Business /
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we’re on a mission to provide useful technological solutions that enrich and empower millions of people in their daily lives. We apply big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to the Indian, Japanese and Canadian markets.
As a company, we’re committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 500 million users and over 17 million merchants. Since our journey began 6 years ago, we’ve launched the Paytm Canada app (our bill management app), and PayPay (a QR-based payment app in Japan), all while powering the Paytm India app.
Paytm Labs is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to collaborate with and provide support to the CEO of Paytm Labs, Harinder Takhar!
The ideal candidate will be a tech-savvy, proactive, and organized problem solver who can thrive in a high speed and super fast-paced, deadline driven environment. This role requires someone with a passion and drive to get things done with excellence and speed, and the ability to work well with others to ensure the success of the organization as a whole.
- Support the CEO with organization, research and administrative support
- Managing continuously changing, multidimensional and complex calendar requirements for the CEO
- Coordinate meetings including confirming attendance, preparing agendas and meeting materials, catering to all technical requirements
- Effectively manages the CEO's competing priorities including identifying risks and determining course correction, if necessary
- Act as a "gate-keeper", protecting the CEO's time, while managing positive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Screens all emails and phone calls on behalf of the CEO, prioritizing importance and ensuring timely, thoughtful and well-researched responses
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and facilitate communication between appropriate teams
- Initiates communication with stakeholders, both internally and externally, to obtain information, ensuring follow-through and closing the communication loop
- Anticipates needs and proactively brings together appropriate people and resources as required
- Identifies issues that could impact the successful executive of the Managing Director's commitments and recommends and implements solutions to rectify
- Coordinate, schedule and confirm travel arrangements
- Record minutes of the various meetings, when required
- Reviews all correspondence prior to the CEO's signature
- Ready to be flexible regarding working hours to fulfill the business needs, or to coordinate with CEO during his international business travels
- Ad-hoc administrative duties as required
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role or experience in supporting senior executives
- Previous experience supporting a C-suite Leader (CEO, CIO, COO, VP) preferred
- Previous experience in an Executive Assistant role with a fast paced consumer startup company - big plus!
- Go getter who is good with multi-tasking
- Flexible work ethic as work load varies with the demand of the position
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Excel, Word
- Comfortable with expenses
- Organized and Resourceful
- Able to handle sensitive information
What we Offer!
- Due to the pandemic, we have been and will continue to WFH until it is safe to open our office. Our company culture and values remain at the core of everything we do.
- For the third year in a row, we are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work
- We were also certified as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2020
- We are an open work environment that fosters collaboration, ownership, creativity, and urgency
- We ensure flexible hours outside of our core working hours
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- To keep things fun and stress-free during COVID-19 we started Virtual Daily, Virtual Weekly and Monthly team bonding activities including: Trivia, Games Nights, Movies Nights, Arts & Crafts (e.g. Origami), Lunch & Learns (e.g. Sign Language 101), Virtual Wellness Sessions (e.g. Meditation, Morning stretches), Virtual Team Ubereats Lunches, and so much more
- We also created and began publishing a monthly internal newsletter with various topics that keeps the tone lighthearted and interesting
- Team building events (anything from axe throwing, go-karting, bike riding, etc.)
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries, and all types of snacks
- Catered lunches and desserts on a monthly basis
- Flexibility with WFH
- Daily fun in the office with our competitive games of Ping Pong, Pool, Smash Bros competitions, or FIFA
- And of course, an unlimited amount of freshly made coffee! We’re pretty serious about our coffee beans
When we are able to open our office, our in-office experience consists of:
Notice for Job Applicants
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?