Software Engineer - Java
About Paytm Labs:
Paytm Labs is located in the heart of Toronto, nestled between the busy Finance and vibrant entertainment District. Transmitting billions of bytes of electronic and secure data at dizzying speed is our forte, it allows us to make commerce more accessible and convenient. We proudly support Paytm India and we are the birth place of the Paytm Canada app.
In 2017, we launched the Paytm Canada App, a consumer-facing mobile application allowing consumers to pay their bills using multiple payment options with no fees, earn points, and make peer-to-peer payments.
Paytm India is the largest leading Payment gateway that offers comprehensive payment services for approximately 250 million customers and 7 million merchants. We offer mobile payment solutions to allow consumers to make seamless mobile payments from Credit Cards, Bank Accounts, and Digital Credit among others. We pioneered and are the leader of QR code based mobile payments in India. With the launch of Paytm Payments Bank, we aim to bring banking and financial services to half-a-billion un-served and under-served people in India and around the globe.
Paytm Labs is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work! We are small, diverse, and tight-knit team that is committed to working for the end consumer. We leverage our expertise in technology to build lasting, secure, and efficient solutions. Our creative and incredibly talented engineers work to provide customized and confidential experiences for consumer of Paytm India and Paytm Canada. We encourage our employees to take charge of their innovative ideas and execute them with passion and vigor.
Paytm Labs is looking for a Software Engineer to work on our global payments system which needs high scalability, reliability and availability. These challenges require lots of creative thinking based upon a very deep understanding of how software works.
Our ideal candidate is an ace problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice. We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
• Build back-end system supporting digital payment, wallet and chat.
• Understand concurrency, distributed computing, messaging and algorithm, and know the trade-offs between frequent delivery and technologies.
• Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible.
• Adopt problem solving as a way of life – always go to root cause!
• Strong fundamentals in data structure, algorithm and object oriented programming.
• Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
• Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 3+ years equivalent experience in SaaS platform development.
• Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Ruby, or Scala.
• Implement platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Database Clients.
• NoSQL experience.
• Experience with AWS services.
• Contribute to open source projects.
What We Offer:
• We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency.
• Enrollment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from the day you start working, no waiting period.
• We believe in hard work, fun, innovation, and team building. Every other month, we plan an activity to celebrate that. So far, we've gone biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rocking climbing, and go-karting (to name a few).
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our "Chief Chocolate Officer" is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for all.
• Ping Pong: A chance to be Paytm Labs table tennis champion!
*Selected candidates will be given a technical challenge*
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.