Engineering Manager/Sr. Engineering Manager- Backend
A successful candidate will have a strong software engineering background with an established track record of building and delivering large-scale consumer facing applications while working in a fast pace Agile/Scrum environment. Additionally, the candidate will demonstrate: strong ability to innovate, passion for building consumer facing applications, excellent operational focus, strong technical judgment, excellent communication skills, passion for building and developing a team of engineers and a strong self-driven focus to deliver results in a fast paced environment.
• Lead a talented team of engineers to build and deliver individual consumer facing applications of highly scalable backend services.
• Partner with business product owners as well as senior engineering leaders and engineers to create a vision and roadmap for the team.
• Be a hands-on leader managing projects and day to day activities of the team in an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Defining performance and availability metrics to measure and meet high operational standards for the services.
• Hiring, mentoring and developing engineers and leaders in the organization.
• Strong technical credentials with 8+ years of software development experience with modern OOP technologies such as Java, Node.js, open source technologies like Cassandra, Kafka, Elastic search, REST services etc.
• 8+ years of experience managing a software development team.
• Proven track record building and delivering high performance and scalable services in a customer facing enterprise system developed in a fast-pace Agile/Scrum environment.
• Computer Science fundamentals – data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis.
• BS/MS in Computer Science.
• Experience in hiring, coaching, mentoring and developing engineers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.