Data Engineer - BI & Data Science
Toronto, Canada /
- Paytm Labs - /
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe. We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 400 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
We are seeking a Data Engineer with a focus on BI, for our personalization and marketing automation team. This team has an impact on every pixel in our mobile app and drives customer engagement and growth by showing relevant products, services and messaging to our customers. Candidates should have technical skills to build real-time and batch data pipelines, and strong analytical capabilities to delve into and understand trends and patterns in the data. You will be working closely with world class software engineers, machine learning engineers and business teams, and the work you do will have a direct impact on the roadmap of our product.
- Build and maintain batch and real-time data pipelines to power our analytical reports and dashboards
- Analysis of historical data to identify trends and support decision making, including written and verbal presentation of results and recommendations
- Set up A/B tests and ensure metrics are reported accurately
- Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects
- Evangelizing data driven decision making within the team and to business & product owners
- Understanding the broad range of Paytm data resources, and knowing the right ones to use for the problems at hand
- Proficient in at least one programming language like Scala, Java or Python
- Experienced in Apache Spark, or other big data processing frameworks
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in software development, and source code management (Git etc)
- BS degree or higher in computer science engineering, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field
- 3+ years work experience in data engineering, software engineering and/or data analysis
- Prior success in working with extremely large datasets using big data technologies
- Demonstrated ability to directly partner with business owners to understand product requirements
- Effective spoken and written communication to senior audiences, including strong data presentation and visualization skills
- Detail-oriented, with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Experience with data streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark Streaming
What we Offer!
- We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries and all types of snacks to our office
- All types of signature drinks from coffee to lattes to cappuccinos
- Catered lunch and desserts on a monthly basis!
- Ping Pong and Pool: Become the next Paytm Labs Table Tennis/ Pool champ!
- And so much more!
Notice for Job Applicants
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.