Machine Learning Engineer
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will develop novel machine learning algorithms and data products for fraud detection, personalization, search and NLP. You will work with petabyte scale datasets and work with high throughput, low latency systems to put your models in production touching lives of more than 300M customers everyday.
We are looking for someone who oozes passion, ownership, and a love of building great things. The Product and Engineering teams will rely heavily on your build. You’ll have a ton of trust and responsibility. So, if challenges excite you, and you’re ready for a big one, let us know.
• Work with massive data from multiple applications and 300 M+ customers.
• Own the development of machine learning algorithms.
• Design and evaluate novel approaches for handling high-volume real-time data streams in a machine learning environment
• Develop a feedback system to improve the selection of features for the algorithms.
• Design and implement A/B Testing and other validation processes.
• Understand the theory and application of theory for common classification, clustering, NLP, and collaborative filtering.
• You have demonstrable software engineering experience in Scala, Java, or Go.
• You have experience in distributed data processing frameworks like Hadoop, Spark or other similar frameworks.
• You respect advanced data structures and can use them to solve your problems.
• You have an applied science degree and 3+ years work experience with software development.
• Python, R, and other high level languages are a bonus.
• Table tennis skills a bonus.
What We Offer:
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency.
• Group Health Benefits plan and enrollment right from the day you start working, no waiting period.
• We believe in hard work, fun, innovation, and team building. Every other month, we plan an activity to celebrate that. So far, we've been biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rocking climbing and go-karting (to name a few).
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our "Chief Chocolate Officer" is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for all.
• Ping Pong: A chance to be Paytm Labs table tennis champion!
*Selected candidates will be given a technical challenge*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.