Machine Learning Engineer
Toronto or Remote (North America) /
Paytm Labs – Labs Engineering /
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we’re on a mission to provide useful technological solutions that enrich and empower millions of people in their daily lives. We apply big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to the Indian, Japanese and Canadian markets.
As a company, we’re committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 500 million users and over 20 million merchants. Since our journey began 6 years ago, we’ve launched the Paytm Canada app (our bill management app), and PayPay (a QR-based payment app in Japan), all while powering the Paytm India app.
We are looking for engineers with a passion to develop novel machine learning software systems for fraud detection, personalization and CTR prediction and deploy the systems to production, and test them to ensure all client's business needs are covered.
In this team of data scientists, statisticians and machine learning engineers, you will create software that are used by millions of people.
You will perform ETL to build model features using petabyte scale datasets and develop high throughput and low latency systems to serve models in production touching lives of more than 300M customers everyday. You will collaborate with highly innovative engineering teams to put machine learning functionalities into production systems that we build in-house.
We are looking for someone who oozes passion, ownership, and a love of building great things. The Product and Engineering teams will rely heavily on your build. You'll have a ton of trust and responsibility. So, if challenges excite you, and you're ready for a big one, let us know.
- Perform ETL with massive data from multiple applications and 300 M+ customers
- Architect, design and evaluate novel approaches for handling high-volume real-time data streams in an inferencing environment
- Own the development, training, optimizing, and deployment of machine learning systems
- Develop measurement and feedback systems at web scale to improve the selection of features and/or algorithm design
- Collaborate with data engineers to monitor data flow and data quality and keep data organized
- Create data flow automation using tools such as Azkaban and Kubeflow
- Own the development, training, and optimizing of machine learning systems
- Develop measurement and feedback systems at web-scale to improve the selection of features and algorithm design
- Strong software development skills (+3 years working experience), with proficiency in Python or Scala preferred
- Experience in building ETL pipelines to perform feature engineering on large-scale dataset using Big Data technologies such as Spark
- Ability to explain and present analyses and machine learning concepts to a broad technical audience
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Knowledge in advanced data structures and can use them to solve problems
- Working knowledge of PyTorch, Tensorflow or other similar frameworks is a plus
- Creative, collaborative, & product focused
- You have a Masters degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
What we Offer:
- Due to the pandemic, we have been and will continue to WFH until it is safe to open our office. Our company culture and values remain at the core of everything we do.
- For the third year in a row, we are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work
- We were also certified as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2020
- We are an open work environment that fosters collaboration, ownership, creativity, and urgency
- We ensure flexible hours outside of our core working hours
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- To keep things fun and stress-free during COVID-19 we started Virtual Daily, Virtual Weekly and Monthly team bonding activities including: Trivia, Games Nights, Movies Nights, Arts & Crafts (e.g. Origami), Lunch & Learns (e.g. Sign Language 101), Virtual Wellness Sessions (e.g. Meditation, Morning stretches), Virtual Team Ubereats Lunches, and so much more
- Team building events (anything from axe throwing, go-karting, bike riding, etc.)
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries, and all types of snacks
- Catered lunches and desserts on a monthly basis
- Flexibility with WFH
- Daily fun in the office with our competitive games of Ping Pong, Pool, Smash Bros competitions, or FIFA
- And of course, an unlimited amount of freshly made coffee! We’re pretty serious about our coffee beans
When we are able to open our office, our in-office experience consists of:
Notice for Job Applicants
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?