Software Architect/Senior Tech Lead
About Paytm Labs:
Paytm Labs is located in the heart of Toronto, nestled between the busy Finance and vibrant Entertainment districts. Transmitting billions of bytes of electronic and secure data at dizzying speeds is our forte, it allows us to make commerce more accessible and convenient. In 2017, we launched the Paytm Canada app, which helps you organize and pay your bills in one simple location. Not only does the app send you reminders so that you never miss a payment, but it also gives you 3% cash back on popular retail brand gift cards! We support our parent company Paytm, a mobile payments and financial services company that serves 300 million customers.
Paytm Labs is a small, diverse, and tight-knit team that is committed to working for the end consumer. We leverage our expertise in technology to build a lasting, secure, and efficient solution. Our creative and incredibly talented engineers work to provide customized and confidential experiences for consumers of Paytm and Paytm Canada. We encourage our employees to take charge of their innovative ideas and execute them with passion and vigour.
We are looking for a Software Architect with an impressive track record in not just building massively scalable and flexible data platforms but also leading a world class engineering team. You’ll be in-charge of managing a group of talented engineers building massively scalable software and data systems. You are expected to guide, mentor and get the best out of them while having fun.
• On a day to day, you’ll conduct architectural reviews with one or more teams and brainstorm on methods to solve technical challenges.
• You will proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions, perform functional and code reviews in related areas within and across product engineering team.
• Prioritize and balance short-term versus long-term actions, strategic versus tactical requirements, while continuing to move forward towards the strategic vision.
• Establish and maintain great rapport with globally distributed development teams, Product Owners, QA and others to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration.
• Provide technical leadership to choose the best technologies, components and architectures for next-generation platforms.
• Be a thought leader and mentor the engineering team on technical, architectural, design and other related issues.
• Attract, recruit, and retain high quality and diverse engineering talent.
• MS or BS/B. Tech in computer science from renowned university or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of strong software design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products.
• 7+ years of hands-on experience in advanced Java, Scala, Python, or any other languages
• 3+ years of experience in data structure, data transformations, and fundamental algorithms.
• 5+ years of experience and knowledge of open source tools & frameworks, broader cutting edge technologies.
• 2+ years of experience with Hadoop, NoSQL (Dynamo, Cassandra, HBase, etc), Spark, or other distributed computing technologies.
• Should be an active contributor to developer communities like Stackoverflow, Topcoder, Github, Google Developer Groups (GDGs), Apache, etc.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; strong writing and speaking skills.
• Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace.
• Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment.
What We Offer:
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency.
• Group Health Benefits plan and enrollment right from the day you start working, no waiting period.
• We believe in hard work, fun, innovation, and team building. Every other month, we plan an activity to celebrate that. So far, we've been biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rocking climbing, and go-karting (to name a few).
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our "Chief Chocolate Officer" is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for all.
• Ping Pong: A chance to be Paytm Labs table tennis champion!
*Selected candidates will be given a technical challenge*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.