Data Engineer - Risk
Toronto, Canada /
Paytm Labs – Labs Engineering /
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we’re on a mission to provide useful technological solutions that enrich and empower millions of people in their daily lives. We apply big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to the Indian, Japanese and Canadian markets.
As a company, we’re committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 333 million consumers and over 21 million merchants. Since our journey began 6 years ago, we’ve launched the Paytm Canada app (our bill management app), and PayPay (a QR-based payment app in Japan), all while powering the Paytm India app.
If working with billions of events, petabytes of data, and optimizing for the last millisecond is something that excites you then read on! We are looking for Data Engineers who have seen their fair share of messy data sets and have been able to structure them for building useful real-time fraud solution products.
You will be working on enhancing our feature ingestion service for real-time and batch pipelines to ingest and transform events(108 scales) from 100’s of applications every day. Our risk analysts and software engineers consume these for building data products like personalization and fraud detection.
You will also help optimize the feature pipelines for fast execution and work with software engineers to build event-driven microservices. You will get to put cutting-edge tech in production and freedom to experiment with new frameworks, try new ways to optimize, and resources to build the next big thing in fintech using data!
- You will be responsible for improving our feature pipeline system
- Design and Implement solutions to simplify the process of onboarding new features
- Create custom and static reports for various business verticals. More especially fraud related reports
- Onboard new data sources to our feature pipeline system
- Work with business teams to identify risk trends in their vertical
- Adopt problem-solving as a way of life - always go to the root cause!
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of strong, demonstrable experience with Spark, AWS EMR, Hadoop
- 3+ years of strong, demonstrable experience with Scala or Java
- 3+ years of strong, demonstrable experience with Kafka, S3
- 3+ years of strong, demonstrable experience with NoSQL and SQL. Preferably MySQL, Cassandra, and ElasticSearch
- Deep understanding in concurrency, distributed computing, large scale system, messaging, and algorithm
Why join Paytm Labs!
- Flexibility to WFH
- For the third year in a row, we are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work
- We were also certified as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2020
- We are an open work environment that fosters collaboration, ownership, creativity, and urgency
- We ensure flexible hours outside of our core working hours
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- Team building events
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries, and all types of snacks
- Catered lunches and desserts on a monthly basis
- Daily fun in the office with our competitive games of Ping Pong, Pool, Smash Bros competitions, or FIFA
- And of course, an unlimited amount of freshly made coffee and tea! We’re pretty serious about our coffee beans
- Online learning through the platform, UDEMY
Notice for Job Applicants
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?