Merchant Loans (Sales)- Area Sales Manager- Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad, Gujarat /
Business – Lending /
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the team: This team is part of Merchant Lending vertical and they cater to the Merchant loans section. They have the ownership of merchant cash advance sales.
About the role: This is a B2B Sales role which requires high level of people management, training, grooming the field sales executives and generating revenue and driving P/L and growth for the assigned region.
1 Responsible for the MCA Sales in the city.
2. Manage an assigned geographic sales area to maximize sales target and meet corporate objectives.
3. Build and maintain relationships with key client personnel.
4. Manage Category leads from qualification to closure.
5. Ensure the team members are present in a market where sales & usage are done regularly.
6. Should have good networking capabilities and be willing to travel extensively throughout their specified areas.
7. Ensure monthly submissions and Disbursals numbers are being met.
8. New FSE hiring, training and handholding.
9. Ensure attrition is under control and Team is motivated / guided to perform better.
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
1. 8-12 years of relevant experience in Sales, Business Development and relationship building.
2. Ability to handle a team
3. Good communication skills
4. Good understanding of MS Office tools.
5. Growth Mindset
6. Willingness to experiment and improve continuously
Education - Graduation
Why join us
1. A collaborative output driven program that brings cohesiveness across businesses through technology
2. Improve the average revenue per use by increasing the cross-sell opportunities
3. A solid 360-degree feedback from your peer teams on your support of their goals
4. Respect, that is earned, not demanded from your peers and manager
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!