City Head - DGM
Chennai, Tamil Nadu /
Sales – EDC Retail /
About Us: Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the team: EDC Retail – EDC is one of Paytm‘s business tool to help merchant grow and manage their business through simplicity and data driven technology.
About the role: The person should be capable of increasing the sale of EDC machines through proper channels to the merchants across multiple locations.
1. City/Cluster Head is a people management role with a large team size of 50 to 100 Sales Manager
2. Responsible for planning & scheduling market visits for lead generation to acquire new clients and maintain relationship with existing clients.
3. Good knowledge of the area or territory to target right customers for better sales conversion
4. Recruit, train and motivate ground team to achieve designated sales target.
5. Track team performance and address their problems for efficient delivery and customer satisfaction
6. Gathering consistent feedback from market for existing offerings and insights on competitor moves as feedback for product enhancements
7. Present findings to management via Excel reports, presentation etc.
8. To be on the field with the team and lead it from the front for acquisition, retention of payment solution.
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
1. Must have high-level drive, initiative and self – motivation.
2. Minimum 8-12 years of sales experience.
3. Should have large team size handling experience.
4. Identify and meet potential clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network.
5. Should have good exposure in cold calling, pre sales and lead generation.
6. Should possess good communication and negotiation skills.
Education: Applicants must possess bachelor’s degree & above.
Why join us:
We aim at bringing half a billion Indians in to mainstream economy, and everyone working here is striving to achieve that goal. Our success are rooted in our people’s collective energy and unwavering focus on the customers, and that is how it will always be. We are the largest merchant acquirer in India.
1. Competitive Salaries
2. Friendly Policies
3. Internal Mobility
4. Medical Insurances
5. Flexible Leave Policies
6. Team off – Sites
Compensation: If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you with enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!