Senior Web Developer
Toronto, Canada /
Paytm Labs – Labs Engineering /
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we’re on a mission to provide useful technological solutions that enrich and empower millions of people in their daily lives. We apply big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to the Indian, Japanese and Canadian markets.
As a company, we’re committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 333 million consumers and over 21 million merchants. Since our journey began 6 years ago, we’ve launched the Paytm Canada app (our bill management app), and PayPay (a QR-based payment app in Japan), all while powering the Paytm India app.
We are looking for a Senior Web Developer interested in building progressive web apps. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- You will help scale our products and existing systems to support millions of users
- You will participate in architectural and design review discussions
- You will collaborate with other engineers and the Product team to define clear deliverables and establish project milestones
- You will take ownership of features from end to end by going through design, implementation, testing and maintenance phases
- You will identify opportunities to improve existing code or architecture
- Care about quality, both in your product design and codebase
- Solid understanding of the full web stack (e.g. HTTP, headers, caching, etc.).
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors like SASS, LESS
- You believe in automated tests and taking ownership over the quality of your code. We use Cypress and Jest for our automation testing, if you have experience in these areas it would be a plus
- Nice to have tailwind experience
- Be a change agent. Help move our design, development, and delivery processes into the next generation
- Advise on front-end strategy, framework selection, emerging technology
- Develop front-end code based on wireframes, visual designs, and UX specifications
- Lead a team of front-end developers in the successful execution
- You are used to working collaboratively, participating in code review and being a great teammate
Why Join Paytm Labs!
- Flexibility to WFH
- For the third year in a row, we are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work
- We were also certified as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2020
- We are an open work environment that fosters collaboration, ownership, creativity, and urgency
- We ensure flexible hours outside of our core working hours
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- Team building events
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries, and all types of snacks
- Catered lunches and desserts on a monthly basis
- Daily fun in the office with our competitive games of Ping Pong, Pool, Smash Bros competitions, or FIFA
- And of course, an unlimited amount of freshly made coffee and tea! We’re pretty serious about our coffee beans
- Online learning through the platform, UDEMY
Notice for Job Applicants
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.