Toronto, Canada /
- Paytm Labs - /
Are you someone that gets a chill of excitement when you’re part of a dynamic, next generation team of problem solvers? How about when it comes to speed, and getting things done?
Well, if you live and breathe all things Payroll and want to be part of an innovative startup, this role may be for you! We offer a friendly, but hyper speed environment where creativity, effective teamwork and collaboration are meshed together to produce awesomeness. We are the world’s fastest growing mobile first marketplace, payment ecosystem and lifestyle startup, and we are doing this all at Paytm Labs!
We are looking for a Payroll Administrator to be based in our downtown Toronto office and join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle multiple priorities at once, open to change, and have the initiative to take all things Payroll to the next level.
Please note that Ontario and Quebec Payroll experience is a must!
- Input, process and reconcile semi-monthly payroll for Canada
- Respond to employee inquiries around payroll;
- Assist with the entry and/or workflow associated with new hires, terminations, transfers and other benefit and payroll changes
- Conduct monthly reconciliations and run reports; review employee expenses monthly
- Process bonus and off cycle payment as required
- Assist with year-end tasks for all markets
- Reconciling accounts payables, receivables, inventory, cash etc.
- Generate, on request, customized HRIS reports for special projects.
- Provide support the Finance and Human Resources team on various duties as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in payroll; start up experience is a bonus
- Post-secondary education with a focus on Accounting/Payroll; PCP certification an asset
- Familiar with Ontario & Quebec Payroll (other Canadian Payroll is an asset)
- Previous experience as Payroll Coordinator, Payroll Administrator, or Payroll Practitioner an asset.
- Good technical skills and experience with Ceridian
- High level of skill with G-Suite and Excel (i.e. V-lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Experience working with an HRIS system is preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with an ability manage competing demands
- Willingness to learn and a self-starter attitude
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and able to influence other
What we Offer!
- We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries and all types of snacks to our office
- All types of signature drinks from coffee to lattes to cappuccinos
- Catered lunch and desserts on a monthly basis!
- Ping Pong and Pool: Become the next Paytm Labs Table Tennis/ Pool champ!
- And so much more!
Notice for Job Applicants
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.