Cyber Security Team Lead
Toronto, Canada /
Paytm Labs – Labs Engineering /
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we’re on a mission to provide useful technological solutions that enrich and empower millions of people in their daily lives. We apply big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to the Indian, Japanese and Canadian markets.
As a company, we’re committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 500 million users and over 17 million merchants. Since our journey began 6 years ago, we’ve launched the Paytm Canada app (our bill management app), and PayPay (a QR-based payment app in Japan), all while powering the Paytm India app.
Are you a passionate engineer who derives purpose in life by protecting the confidentiality and integrity of large scale consumer facing systems with your adept hacking skills in finding vulnerabilities and helping teams fix it? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for a Team Lead, CyberSecurity to join our team! You will lead, direct, and grow teams of professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds.
Our ideal candidate is a problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a learner at heart. We’re interested in experienced and intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for cyber security. This role requires strong operational, strategic and interpersonal skills. We offer a flexible work schedule, and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you.
- Security Architecture reviews of existing and upcoming projects
- Acting as both a builder and a breaker by creating tools to help engineers write more secure code and performing penetration tests of public and internal applications
- Ensure that the organization meets all required security and associated health and safety objectives
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Contribute to people-related initiatives, including development, coaching, recruiting, training and retaining staff
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems. Use knowledge of the current IT environment and industry trends to identify engagement and client service issues
- Work in a fast paced environment where projects and prioritization may change frequently, security will always remain
- 5+ years of experience as a Security Engineer
- Undergraduate or masters’ degree preferably in one of the following areas: Information Security, Business Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, and/or other related majors
- Experience with Linux internals and hardening
- Experience with OWASP, ATT&CK Framework, DAST, and SAST
- Must have experience in programming languages and frameworks such as Python and Django
- Possession of AWS Security speciality & CISSP preferred
- Knowledge and 5-7 years of hands-on experience with key components of cybersecurity consulting including:
- Cyber Assessments and roadmapping,
- Network & Infrastructure security
- Cyber transformation
- Threat detection
- Incident response
- Vulnerability assessment & management
- Security governance
- Risk and compliance
- Security Architecture
- Data protection
- Security Awareness
- Cloud Security
Nice to Haves:
- CVE Contributions
- Open Source tools contributions
- Published papers
- Security Certifications
What we Offer!
- Due to the pandemic, we have been and will continue to WFH until it is safe to open our office. Our company culture and values remain at the core of everything we do.
- For the third year in a row, we are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work
- We were also certified as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2020
- We are an open work environment that fosters collaboration, ownership, creativity, and urgency
- We ensure flexible hours outside of our core working hours
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- To keep things fun and stress-free during COVID-19 we started Virtual Daily, Virtual Weekly and Monthly team bonding activities including: Trivia, Games Nights, Movies Nights, Arts & Crafts (e.g. Origami), Lunch & Learns (e.g. Sign Language 101), Virtual Wellness Sessions (e.g. Meditation, Morning stretches), Virtual Team Ubereats Lunches, and so much more
- We also created and began publishing a monthly internal newsletter with various topics that keeps the tone lighthearted and interesting
- Team building events (anything from axe throwing, go-karting, bike riding, etc.)
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries, and all types of snacks
- Catered lunches and desserts on a monthly basis
- Flexibility with WFH
- Daily fun in the office with our competitive games of Ping Pong, Pool, Smash Bros competitions, or FIFA
- And of course, an unlimited amount of freshly made coffee! We’re pretty serious about our coffee beans
When we are able to open our office, our in-office experience consists of:
Notice for Job Applicants
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?