Finance and Strategic Initiatives Manager
[ Toronto, Canada ]
- Paytm Labs -
About Paytm Labs:
Paytm Labs is located in the heart of Toronto, nestled between the busy Finance and vibrant entertainment District. Transmitting billions of bytes of electronic and secure data at dizzying speed is our forte, it allows us to make commerce more accessible and convenient. We proudly support Paytm India and we are the birthplace of the Paytm Canada app.
In 2017, we launched the Paytm Canada App, a consumer-facing mobile application allowing consumers to pay their bills using multiple payment options with no fees, earn points, and make peer-to-peer payments.
Paytm India is the largest leading Payment gateway that offers comprehensive payment services for approximately 250 million customers and 7 million merchants. We offer mobile payment solutions to allow consumers to make seamless mobile payments from Credit Cards, Bank Accounts, and Digital Credit among others. We pioneered and are the leader of QR code based mobile payments in India. With the launch of Paytm Payments Bank, we aim to bring banking and financial services to half-a-billion un-served and under-served people in India and around the globe.
Paytm Labs is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work! We are a small, diverse, and tight-knit team that is committed to working for the end consumer. We leverage our expertise in technology to build lasting, secure, and efficient solutions. Our creative and incredibly talented engineers work to provide customized and confidential experiences for consumers of Paytm India and Paytm Canada. We encourage our employees to take charge of their innovative ideas and execute them with passion and vigor.
Paytm Labs is looking for a Finance and Strategic Initiatives Manager to own and drive critical financial and business initiatives examples of which are outlined below. This role requires developing an in-depth understanding of Paytm Labs’ businesses and taking ownership of the finances. Ability to identify and execute improvement initiatives quickly and efficiently is critical for this role. Flexibility is also very important since you may be asked to do a variety of projects which may or may not be related to Finance.
This is an individual contributor role to begin with and you will be working very closely with the Accounting Team and Senior Leadership at Paytm Labs. There will be several opportunities to take on different roles/projects down the line.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and presentation for the senior team leaders
- Track performance against budget and plan
- Identify key areas for improvement in order to meet company goals
- Execute improvement initiatives by working together with various teams
- Conduct annual/quarterly budgeting and planning for Paytm Labs
- Take full ownership of accounts receivables including setting up of necessary processes
- Own and/or support with pricing of Paytm Labs’ products and services
- Own and/or support contract negotiations
- Own and/or support other strategic initiatives. For example, opening of new offices, starting new businesses, figuring out tax implications, applying for programs/grants etc.
- CFA and MBA preferred; CPA is nice to have
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business finance / corporate finance
- Ability to drive business strategy from a finance perspective and understand a variety of business models especially in the financial services and SaaS domains
- Experience in financial and business planning, budgeting, performance tracking, pricing
- Experience in contract management, negotiations and taxation is a bonus
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, competitive and fun environment under tight timelines
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Detail oriented, with excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
What we Offer!
- We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries and all types of snacks to our office
- All types of signature drinks from coffee to lattes to cappuccinos
- Catered lunch and desserts on a monthly basis!
- Ping Pong and Pool: Become the next Paytm Labs Table Tennis/ Pool champ!
- And so much more!
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.