Site Reliability Engineer
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
Are you an Engineer that actually wants your systems to work? Does endless tech toil vex you? Are you the type that would rather fix it once than repair it 100 times?
We are looking for Site Reliability Engineer who enjoy designing and developing systems where they can balance Reliability and Frequent Improvements. Our payments team builds our critical architecture and global payments system platform.
• Work on building and improving our tools for deploying, monitoring and managing our systems.
• Share knowledge and experience with other Engineers and develop a set of best practices.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
• Ability to complete the job regardless of the circumstance.
• Sense of ownership and willingness to get the job completed.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrate a high level of trust, integrity and diplomacy.
• Show strong initiative and self-motivation.
• Plan for situations instead of reacting to them - proactive.
• Participate in on-call rotation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience.
• Strong programming skills required.
• Experience with at least one large scale web application.
• Working knowledge of modern software deployment processes, including CI.
• Working experience with either Terraform, Asnible or CloudFormation templating considered an asset.
• Healthy knowledge of Linux (have compiled your own kernel at some point, know how to trace syscalls, understand TCP, care about the difference between sysvinit/runit/systemd, etc.)
• Working knowledge of containerization solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes, and ECS preferred.
• Experience with Linux systems, AWS, or Hadoop administration considered an asset.
What We Offer:
• We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
• Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
• We believe in hard work, fun innovation and team building – we’ve gone biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rock climbing, and go-karting (to name a few!)
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our “Chief Chocolate Officer” is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for other
• Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries to our office
• Ping Pong: Become the next Paytm Labs Table Tennis champ!
• And so much more!
*Selected candidates will be given a technical challenge*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.