Site Reliability Engineer
Toronto or Remote (North America) /
Paytm Labs – Labs Engineering /
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we’re on a mission to provide useful technological solutions that enrich and empower millions of people in their daily lives. We apply big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to global markets.
We recently soft-launched Paytm AI (PAI) Risk, our full end-to-end fraud management system that is able to make real-time decisions. It works as a dynamic rule engine to make day-to-day analyses and procedures
Are you an Engineer that actually wants your systems to work? Does endless tech toil vex you? Are you the type that would rather fix it once than repair it 100 times?
We are looking for Site Reliability Engineers who enjoy designing and developing systems where they can balance Reliability and Frequent Improvements. Our payments team builds our critical architecture and global payments system platform.
- Work on building and improving our tools for deploying, monitoring and managing our systems
- Share knowledge and experience with other Engineers and develop a set of best practices
- Diagnose, troubleshoot problems and develop a fix for them
- Ability to complete the job regardless of the circumstance
- Sense of ownership and willingness to get the job done
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a high level of trust, integrity and diplomacy
- Show strong initiative and self-motivation
- Plan for situations instead of reacting to them - proactive
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant experience
- 3+ years of IT work experience
- Experience of coding/automating processes in at least one of the following languages (Shell, Go, Python, Scala, Ruby)
- Ability to produce tools to assist the product development teams
- Experience with at least one large scale web application and at least one Cloud provider
- Working knowledge of modern software deployment processes, including CI/CD
- Working experience with either Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation templating
- Hands-on experience in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Fast learner, ability to think on your feet
- Database experience (SQL, NoSQL, etc)
- Experience managing, deploying and troubleshooting, large scale environments
- Strong interpersonal skills - interacts well within the team and across other teams, and with users
- Experience in networking and security
- Ability to run any production workload using container solutions such as Kubernetes, Docker/Swarm and ECS/Fargate
- Experience with Multiple cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, Alicloud)
- Experience supporting multiple applications, dealing with APIs and microservices.
- Deep understanding of networking (connectivity, VPNs, Peering, DNS, Routing, In-transfer Data Encryption)
- Experience with Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, ELK, Multiple monitoring tools
- Experience in open-source products like Spinnaker, Helm, Kustomize, Prometheus, Grafana/Graphite
- Knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open source technologies
What we Offer!
- Flexibility to WFH
- For the third year in a row, we are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work
- We were also certified as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2022
- We are an open work environment that fosters collaboration, ownership, creativity, and urgency
- We ensure flexible hours outside of our core working hours
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- Team building events (anything from axe throwing, go-karting, bike riding, etc.)
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries, and all types of snacks
- Catered lunches and desserts on a monthly basis
- Daily fun in the office with our competitive games of Ping Pong, Pool, Smash Bros competitions, or FIFA
- And of course, an unlimited amount of freshly made coffee! We’re pretty serious about our coffee beans
- To keep things fun and stress-free during the pandemic we started Virtual Daily, Virtual Weekly and Monthly team bonding activities including: Trivia, Games Nights, Movies Nights, Arts & Crafts (e.g. Origami), Lunch & Learns (e.g. Sign Language 101), Virtual Wellness Sessions (e.g. Meditation, Morning stretches), Virtual Team Ubereats Lunches, and so much more
Notice for Job Applicants
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?