Business Intelligence Engineer
At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
We are seeking a business intelligence engineer for our personalization team. Personalization team has an impact over every pixel on our mobile app and drives awesomeness by showing relevant products and relevant services to our customers. Candidate will have strong analytical capabilities and broad technical skills to develop insights that enable new capabilities that enable personalization product team to come up with features that will improve customer experience. You will be working closely with world class software engineers, machine learning engineers and business teams and your insights will have a direct impact on the product roadmap of personalization.
• Analysis of historical data to identify trends, develop predictive models and support decision making, including written and verbal presentation of results and recommendations.
• Collaborating with software development teams to design and implement analytic systems and data structures to support large-scale data analysis and delivery of machine learning and econometric models.
• Setup A/B tests and ensure measurements are setup correctly and results are reported.
• Analyzing data from logs, spark and simulation results.
• Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects.
• Understanding the broad range of Paytm data resources, which to use, how, and when.
• MS degree or higher in computer science engineering, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field.
• 5+ years work experience in data mining and analysis.
• SQL expert with prior success working with extremely large data sets using big data technologies like spark and hive.
• Experience with web development/automation, scripting languages, and functional programming.
• Demonstrated ability to directly partner with business owners to understand requirements.
• Effective spoken and written communication to senior audiences, including strong data presentation and visualization skills.
• Detail-oriented with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
What We Offer:
• We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
• Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
• We believe in hard work, fun innovation and team building – we’ve gone biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rock climbing, and go-karting (to name a few!)
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our “Chief Chocolate Officer” is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for other
• Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries to our office
• Ping Pong: Become the next Paytm Labs Table Tennis champ!
• And so much more!
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.