Cyber Fraud Analyst
Toronto, Canada /
Paytm Labs – - Paytm Labs - /
At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
As a fraud analyst, you will enable safer payments for our users and help Paytm manage payments risks intelligently. The stakes are high, and you will be up against ever-evolving challenges. You will face some of the most complex and dynamic problems at the company, and the nature of your work will evolve rapidly to combat new and more sophisticated challenges.
- Monitor accounts and transactions to identify and predict risky behaviour
- Scale risk processes to cover an increasingly large and complex landscape of payments risks given our rapidly expanding user base
- Work with our counterparts in India and other offices around the world to tailor fraud and credit risk management techniques to different geographies
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other internal teams to implement sustainable solutions for fighting abuse and managing payments risks
- Identify any new fraudulent activities while collaborating with the operations team to find new prevention solutions
- Troubleshoot technical tickets related to fraudulent activities and ensure the end-to-end resolution
- Naturally curious and passionate about risk prevention: if something seems off, you want to investigate what’s going on and solve root problems
- Decisive, yet open to learning: you will make many critical decisions every day, even with the knowledge that you will be wrong some of the time
- Understanding and empathetic to the challenges of setting up a new business
- Strong data visualization skills and a passion for data and analysis
- Familiarity with version control tools such Git, CVS, SVN
- Excellent communicator who is able to convey complex ideas succinctly
- Expertise in writing SQL to query relational databases and/or experience with quantitative tools such as Spark, Scala, Python, R
- Experience with payments, risk, or trust & safety and with machine learning teams
- Experience working in fast-paced and rapidly changing start-up environments
What we Offer!
- We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries and all types of snacks to our office
- All types of signature drinks from coffee to lattes to cappuccinos
- Catered lunch and desserts on a monthly basis!
- Ping Pong and Pool: Become the next Paytm Labs Table Tennis/ Pool champ!
- And so much more!
Notice for Job Applicants
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.