Site Reliability Engineer
Montreal, Canada /
Paytm Labs – - Paytm Labs - /
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
Are you an Engineer that actually wants your systems to work? Does endless tech toil vex you? Are you the type that would rather fix it once than repair it 100 times?
We are looking for Site Reliability Engineer who enjoy designing and developing systems where they can balance Reliability and Frequent Improvements. Our payments team builds our critical architecture and global payments system platform.
- Work on building and improving our tools for deploying, monitoring and managing our systems
- Share knowledge and experience with other Engineers and develop a set of best practices
- Diagnose, troubleshoot problems and develop a fix for them
- Ability to complete the job regardless of the circumstance
- Sense of ownership and willingness to get the job done
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a high level of trust, integrity and diplomacy
- Show strong initiative and self-motivation
- Plan for situations instead of reacting to them - proactive
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant experience
- 3+ years of IT work experience
- Experience of coding/automating processes in at least one of the following languages (Shell, Go, Python, Scala, Ruby)
- Ability to produce tools to assist the product development teams
- Experience with at least one large scale web application and at least one Cloud provider
- Working knowledge of modern software deployment processes, including CI/CD
- Working experience with either Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation templating
- Hands-on experience in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Fast learner, ability to think on your feet
- Database experience (SQL, NoSQL, etc)
- Experience managing, deploying and troubleshooting, large scale environments
- Strong interpersonal skills - interacts well within the team and across other teams, and with users
- Experience in networking and security
- Ability to run any production workload using container solutions such as Kubernetes, Docker/Swarm and ECS/Fargate
- Experience with Multiple cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, Alicloud)
- Experience supporting multiple applications, dealing with APIs and microservices.
- Deep understanding of networking (connectivity, VPNs, Peering, DNS, Routing, In-transfer Data Encryption)
- Experience with Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, ELK, Multiple monitoring tools
- Experience in open-source products like Spinnaker, Helm, Kustomize, Prometheus, Grafana/Graphite
- Knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open source technologies
What we Offer!
- We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries and all types of snacks to our office
- All types of signature drinks from coffee to lattes to cappuccinos
- Catered lunch and desserts on a monthly basis!
- Monthly events: Axe Throwing, Escape Room, etc!
- And so much more!
Notice for Job Applicants
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.