Our offering to the customer is the best way to judge us, we believe. To make this happen, Product Managers on our team not only fret about our product strategy (what should be build and for whom) but also on every minor detail (why is the splash screen around for 0.25 seconds longer than necessary). They’re the catalysts of all that we stand for — which is to build trust and to deliver the best experience for our users.
Our belief is that there are Product Managers, and then there are Product Managers. If you are a product manager in our team, you love technology, obsess about your product and would probably be diagnosed as a borderline obsessive compulsive disorder patient. Your friends think of you as having an addiction to your gadgets and secretly envy you for all the stuff you know about every new product before anyone else.
You are also known for strong opinions on different products; you scorn at the ones you dislike and can’t stop talking about those you love. At social gatherings, when you speak about how the world would be in the next few years, people listen. And never interrupt because they are in awe of your ability to imagine a new world. You can merge objectivity in analysis and also create an emotional connect to the user by speaking to them from your heart.
Fortunately for us, there is no University of Product Management where standard issue product managers are churned out every year. Because we don’t believe this is how the greatest products are ever built.
Be a Product Manager at Paytm!
• Help define and prioritize product challenges and opportunities.
• Help manage the product development lifecycle; develop detailed functional specifications for existing and new products.
• Co-ordinate with internal stakeholders across functions to understand their needs and synthesize requirements for development teams.
• Develop a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
• Participate in sprint planning and review to track progress.
• Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science and/or related field.
• Professional experience in a product management or analytical role.
• Have an extreme bias towards action basically, you need to have the Get Shit Done attitude.
• Solutions orientated within a high-energy and fast-paced work environment.
• Exceptional customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features.
• Possess excellent oral, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
What We Offer:
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency.
• Group Health Benefits plan and enrollment right from the day you start working, no waiting period.
• 100 Day Plan: We build a plan of action every 100-days. Each plan has a theme, a mission so to speak. As we grow, so have our plans and our ambitions.
• We believe in hard work, fun, innovation, and team building. Every other month, we plan an activity to celebrate that. So far, we've been biking, axe-throwing, bowling, rocking climbing, and go-karting.
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our "Chief Chocolate Officer" is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for all.
• Birthdays are celebrated with cakes, and special office events have beer and whiskey.
• We also get a weekly delivery of groceries to our office.
• Ping Pong: A chance to be Paytm Labs table tennis champion!
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.