At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
Are you a passionate engineer who derives purpose in life by protecting the confidentiality and integrity of large scale consumer facing systems with your adept hacking skills in finding vulnerabilities and helping teams fix it? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
• Pushing the boundaries of security technology to create defences for large scale production infrastructure, spanning multiple clouds and impacting millions of customer's daily lives.
• Acting as both a builder and a breaker by creating tools to help engineers write more secure code and performing penetration tests of public and internal applications.
• Contributing to our clients, servers, and networks by hardening against exploitation and privilege escalation.
• Providing subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and systems security. Understanding our full engineering stack, services and data flow, and owning their security controls.
• Working in a fast pace environment where code change happens at a rapid speed and where it is paramount to control security testing into a continuous deployment/integration flow.
• Performing source-code reviews, code check-ins/audits, and participating in penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
• Implementing and maintaining technologies for security, such as vulnerability testing, logging, monitoring and incident responses.
• Consulting with engineers on planned/current platform and code changes to ensure security is given due consideration during architectural planning and implementation.
• Owning security awareness training for engineering and creating engaging security programs (bug bounty, white hat testing, and more).
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of related Network Security experience a must.
• 5+ years of experience as a Security Engineer.
• Experience with OS internals and hardening (Linux, OS X, Windows).
• Firm grasp of networking protocols and operations. Comfortable with low level packet sniffing, working knowledge on Kali, Wireshark, Burpsuite, Metasploit, nmap, fiddler, sqlmap, nessus. Knowledge on network attacks, detections, and defences.
• Must have experience in programming languages and security frameworks such as Python, Ruby, Node.js, Java, Bash, Spring Security and Shiro.
• Knowledge of AWS and Cloud Data Security such as EC2, ECS, VPC, VPN, IAM, KMS, Security Groups/Subnets, etc. is required.
• Must have knowledge of theoretical and applied cryptography, key management, and a strong understanding of cryptography algorithms such as RSA, AES, SSL vs TLS, PKI, etc.
• Working knowledge with Vault or KMS is considered an asset.
• Thorough understanding of authentication, authorization, and directory services such as SSO, OAuth, or OpenId.
What We Offer:
• We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency.
• Enrollment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from the day you start working, no waiting period.
• We believe in hard work, fun, innovation, and team building. Every other month, we plan an activity to celebrate that. So far, we've gone biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rocking climbing, and go-karting (to name a few).
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our "Chief Chocolate Officer" is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for all.
• Ping Pong: A chance to be Paytm Labs table tennis champion!
*Selected candidates will be given a technical challenge*
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.