Senior Web Developer
Montreal, Canada /
Paytm Labs – - Paytm Labs - /
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
We are looking for a Senior Web Developer interested in building progressive web apps. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion transactions a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
- You will help scale our products and existing systems to support millions of users
- You will participate in architectural and design review discussions
- You will collaborate with other engineers and the Product team to define clear deliverables and establish project milestones
- You will take ownership of features from end to end by going through design, implementation, testing and maintenance phases
- You will identify opportunities to improve existing code or architecture
- Care about quality, both in your product design and codebase
- Solid understanding of the full web stack (e.g. HTTP, headers, caching, etc.).
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors like SASS, LESS
- You believe in automated tests and taking ownership over the quality of your code. We use Cypress and Jest for our automation testing, if you have experience in these areas it would be a plus
- Be a change agent. Help move our design, development, and delivery processes into the next generation
- Advise on front-end strategy, framework selection, emerging technology
- Develop front-end code based on wireframes, visual designs, and UX specifications
- Lead a team of front-end developers in the successful execution
- You are used to working collaboratively, participating in code review and being a great teammate
What we Offer!
- We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries and all types of snacks to our office
- All types of signature drinks from coffee to lattes to cappuccinos
- Catered lunch and desserts on a monthly basis!
- Monthly events: Axe Throwing, Escape Room, etc!
- And so much more!
Notice for Job Applicants
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.