Merchant Support Specialist
At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
We are building world class payment solutions for merchants in Canada and are looking for a Merchant Support Specialist to set up and manage the right processes and provide our merchants with the best experience!
The Merchant Support Specialist will mould and shape our merchants’ experience by providing personalized, helpful, and top-quality support.
Importantly, you will also provide your insights into product development and operations in order to help improve the overall experience for our merchants. If you are looking to make an impact this is the role for you!
• Set up all merchant support processes, policies and systems. Be a self-starter
• Develop and maintain FAQs
• Serve as both a product expert and trusted consultant
• Respond to merchant inquiries, on multiple platforms, in a quick and timely manner
• Be composed, professional and react quickly before a concern is escalated
• Deliver focused solutions tailored to the needs of the merchants ensuring a high level of satisfaction
• Utilize effective communication skills to ensure that merchant expectations are successfully achieved with all internal/external stakeholders
• Share your product improvement insights and common merchant challenges with the product team to improve our services
• Follow processes, policies, and compliance requirements while exhibiting efficient workplace productivity and time management skills
• Get your hands dirty and participate in improving the processes
• Work flexibly within a rotating shift schedule, with some weekend, evening and holiday shifts
• Take on other responsibilities as required to help the team
• 3+ years of experience in a merchant or B2B support role, preferably at a payments or technology company
• Bachelor’s degree
• We collaborate constantly, so we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help
• Demonstrates empathy, and the ability to take initiative on doing the right thing through excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Documentation skills for merchant account annotations and providing detailed support ticket information
• Experience with Zendesk / Salesforce
• Comfortable speaking to merchants over the phone, and on live chat
• Ability to exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through merchant issues
Bonus Points If:
• You are bilingual
• You have a thorough understanding of payment flows within mobile payment products
What We Offer:
• We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
• Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
• We believe in hard work, fun innovation and team building – we’ve gone biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rock climbing, and go-karting (to name a few!)
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our “Chief Chocolate Officer” is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for other
• Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries to our office
• Ping Pong: Become the next Paytm Labs Table Tennis champ!
• And so much more!
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.