Senior Devops Engineer - Data Platform
At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
DaaS (Data as a Service) team at Paytm Labs operates a charter of capturing, storing and processing data reliably at scale. The DaaS Team makes this data available for a large set of products that are used for internal and external services. The core infrastructure that powers this platform operates at a scale of speed, performance, and complexity that few others can claim. The issues we face with large-scale data storage, low-latency retrievals, high volume requests and high availability are common yet complex. To help us solve these challenges, we are looking for the best of the best engineering talent to come and join our cool & rewarding environment! Paytm Labs is in a hyper growth phase, and this is a stellar opportunity to make an impact. As Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be a core contributor in the Data Platform team and help us deliver the world-class Data Platform Paytm is gearing towards for data products growth.
• Create a resilient and highly operable production environment for Paytm’s Data Platform with 24x7 availability, high performance, scalable and zero downtime releases in AWS environment.
• Manage large MySQL database clusters and noSQL systems Cassandra.
• Manage regional deployments and set up disaster recovery of Kafka data pipelines, systems and stores in AWS environment.
• Collaborate with Engineers to create a continuous delivery environment and processes.
• Instrument and monitor the health and availability of services, with fault detection, alerting, triage and recovery (automated and manual).
• Write scripts and runbooks to automate procedures.
• Share an on-call rotation and handle service incidents.
• 3+ years of DevOps or System Administration experience using Chef/Puppet/Ansible/SaltStack for system configuration, or quality shell scripting for systems management (error handling, idempotency, configuration management)
• Strong Amazon AWS experience, Familiarity with other cloud platforms (Google Cloud, Aliyun, or Apache Mesos)
• Experience with managing and automating configuration of MySQL database clusters.
• Adept at troubleshooting and administering Linux systems, dealing with networking issues, and fine tuning instrumentation and alerting systems.
• Proven knowledge of systems programming (bash and shell tools) and/or at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl).
• Preferably experience with operating a high load data pipeline and exposure to technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, S3 and Redshift.
• Experience with securing distributed systems. You understand the purpose of reasonable security techniques and the tradeoff with operational efficiency.
• Be adaptable and able to focus on the simplest, most efficient & reliable solutions
What We Offer:
• We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency.
• Enrollment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from the day you start working, no waiting period.
• We believe in hard work, fun, innovation, and team building. Every other month, we plan an activity to celebrate that. So far, we've gone biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rocking climbing, and go-karting (to name a few).
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our "Chief Chocolate Officer" is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for all.
• Ping Pong: A chance to be Paytm Labs table tennis champion!
*Selected candidates will be given a technical challenge*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.