Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
Toronto, Canada /
Paytm Labs – Labs Engineering /
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we’re on a mission to provide useful technological solutions that enrich and empower millions of people in their daily lives. We apply big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to the Indian, Japanese and Canadian markets.
As a company, we’re committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 333 million consumers and over 21 million merchants. Since our journey began 6 years ago, we’ve launched the Paytm Canada app (our bill management app), and PayPay (a QR-based payment app in Japan), all while powering the Paytm India app.
Paytm Labs is looking for a Software Engineer - Distributed Systems to work on our various systems which need high scalability, reliability and availability. These challenges require creative thinking and a deep understanding of how software and platform works.
Our ideal candidate is an ace problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice. We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software and core platform
- Build common platforms to support different business vertical application systems
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible
- Adopt problem solving as a way of life – always go to root cause!
Experience with at least one of the following:
- Solid foundation in designing, implementing and maintaining a large scale distributed system (e.g. with microservice architecture).
- Experience in developing distributed platform systems such as Messaging Platforms, Pub/Sub Systems, Databases, Distributed Computing Frameworks, and Schedulers.
- Strong fundamentals in data structure, algorithm, operating system and object oriented programming
- Deep understanding in concurrency, distributed computing, large scale system, messaging and algorithm
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Interest and ability to learn new technology stack as needed
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 3+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Scala or Go
- NoSQL experience
- Experience with AWS services
- Contribute to open source projects
What we Offer!
- Flexibility to WFH
- For the third year in a row, we are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work
- We were also certified as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2020
- We are an open work environment that fosters collaboration, ownership, creativity, and urgency
- We ensure flexible hours outside of our core working hours
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- Team building events (anything from axe throwing, go-karting, bike riding, etc.)
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries, and all types of snacks
- Catered lunches and desserts on a monthly basis
- Daily fun in the office with our competitive games of Ping Pong, Pool, Smash Bros competitions, or FIFA
- And of course, an unlimited amount of freshly made coffee! We’re pretty serious about our coffee beans
- To keep things fun and stress-free during the pandemic we started Virtual Daily, Virtual Weekly and Monthly team bonding activities including: Trivia, Games Nights, Movies Nights, Arts & Crafts (e.g. Origami), Lunch & Learns (e.g. Sign Language 101), Virtual Wellness Sessions (e.g. Meditation, Morning stretches), Virtual Team Ubereats Lunches, and so much more
Notice for Job Applicants
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?