Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
Toronto, Canada /
Paytm Labs – - Paytm Labs - /
At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
Paytm Labs is looking for a Software Engineer - Distributed Systems to work on our various systems which need high scalability, reliability and availability. These challenges require creative thinking and a deep understanding of how software and platform works.
Our ideal candidate is an ace problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice. We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software and core platform
- Build common platforms to support different business vertical application systems
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible
- Adopt problem solving as a way of life – always go to root cause!
- Strong fundamentals in data structure, algorithm, operating system and object oriented programming
- Deep understanding in concurrency, distributed computing, large scale system, messaging and algorithm
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Interest and ability to learn new technology stack as needed
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 3+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Scala or Go
- Implement platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Database Clients
- NoSQL experience
- Experience with AWS services
- Contribute to open source projects
What we Offer!
- We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries and all types of snacks to our office
- All types of signature drinks from coffee to lattes to cappuccinos
- Catered lunch and desserts on a monthly basis!
- Ping Pong and Pool: Become the next Paytm Labs Table Tennis/ Pool champ!
- And so much more!
Notice for Job Applicants
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.