Lead Test Automation Engineer
Toronto, Canada /
Paytm Labs – Labs Engineering /
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we’re on a mission to provide useful technological solutions that enrich and empower millions of people in their daily lives. We apply big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to the Indian, Japanese and Canadian markets.
As a company, we’re committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 500 million users and over 17 million merchants. Since our journey began 6 years ago, we’ve launched the Paytm Canada app (our bill management app), and PayPay (a QR-based payment app in Japan), all while powering the Paytm India app.
We’re looking for a passionate and proficient Lead Test Automation Engineer to lead the testing environment at Paytm Labs. You will be responsible for developing the test environment and ensuring our app runs as efficiently as possible. We are looking for someone who agonizes over the smallest detail and can’t rest until it has been resolved. If this sounds like you apply today!
- You will lead the testing environment by building an automated testing program to ensure release quality and eliminate the need for manual testing
- Drive and accelerate the testing process by creating your own tools
- Plan, develop and execute test strategies across core Paytm products and platforms
- Lead QA efforts that aligns with product objectives and develop scalable solutions
- You feel the urgency to update the test scripts when a production issue is found
- Define Quality Metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, efficiency and overall quality of the product
- Partner with engineering and infrastructure teams to leverage automation for scalable solutions to prevent regressions and ensure reliability of product
- Act as a subject matter expert on testing and share your ideas with the development team
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience in managing black and white box testing2+ years of strong, demonstrable experience creating and designing tests
- Hands on experience API testing
- Experience with regression and end-to-end flow testing
- Comfortable working in multiple test environments with the ability to choose the best course of action
What we Offer:
- Due to the pandemic, we have been and will continue to WFH until it is safe to open our office. Our company culture and values remain at the core of everything we do.
- For the third year in a row, we are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work
- We were also certified as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2020
- We are an open work environment that fosters collaboration, ownership, creativity, and urgency
- We ensure flexible hours outside of our core working hours
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- To keep things fun and stress-free during COVID-19 we started Virtual Daily, Virtual Weekly and Monthly team bonding activities including: Trivia, Games Nights, Movies Nights, Arts & Crafts (e.g. Origami), Lunch & Learns (e.g. Sign Language 101), Virtual Wellness Sessions (e.g. Meditation, Morning stretches), Virtual Team Ubereats Lunches, and so much more
- We also created and began publishing a monthly internal newsletter with various topics that keeps the tone lighthearted and interesting
- Team building events (anything from axe throwing, go-karting, bike riding, etc.)
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries, and all types of snacks
- Catered lunches and desserts on a monthly basis
- Flexibility with WFH
- Daily fun in the office with our competitive games of Ping Pong, Pool, Smash Bros competitions, or FIFA
- And of course, an unlimited amount of freshly made coffee! We’re pretty serious about our coffee beans
When we are able to open our office, our in-office experience consists of:
Notice for Job Applicants
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?