Business Development (Bus) - Junior Manager- Paytm Travel
Jodhpur, Rajasthan /
Business – Travel /
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Net banking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the team:
Be a part of one of Paytm's fastest growing businesses - Travel. Travel was launched in 2016 and in less than 12 months we became India's 2nd largest online travel booking platform for Flights, Trains and Bus tickets. Paytm's Travel business is entirely based out of Bangalore.
We are like a 250 member startup within Paytm working in a fast paced environment. Our team comprises of Product & Design, Engineering, Business and Customer Experience functions.
Join us if you would you like to work in a fast paced, agile, entrepreneurial environment where everyday brings with it an opportunity for you to create a dent in the universe.
About the role:
In this role, you shall be responsible for onboarding direct bus operator on Paytm. Candidate shall be responsible for end to end sales cycle from lead generation to taking the operator live and maintaining relations with the onboarded operators. Candidate has to be self driven and motivated in terms of meeting the targets and deliver an above expectation performance.
Expectations and Requirement:
1. Represent the Paytm Bus Vertical and liaising with Bus operators for direct partnership
2. Market development & execute acquisition plan to achieve assigned target for allotted city/ region
3. Work on lead generation for bus operator onboarding
4. Introduce and present about the Paytm Bus Platform (Paytm inventory for the bus operator)
5. Build good relationship with the new & existing bus operators. Managing Key Accounts of region/city.
6. Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; anticipating new opportunities
7. Regular reporting of the sales number to the Regional Lead & Central Team
8. Achieves monthly target of Bus operators onboarding by sharing market information; preparing and completing action plans.
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
1. Candidates with at least 2-5 years of experience in sales role or possess related e-commerce/travel industry experience.
2. Willing to travel to different places to meet the bus operators.
3. Self driven and can meet targets and deadlines
4. Proficiency in local language is preferred
5. Fluent in English both oral and written
6. Very good communication and negotiation skills
Graduation is must.
Why join us:
A collaborative output driven program that brings cohesiveness across businesses through technology
A solid 360 feedbacks from your peer teams on your support of their goals.
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!