Director of Product Design - Fraud Solution
Toronto, Canada /
Paytm Labs – Labs Business /
About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we’re on a mission to provide useful technological solutions that enrich and empower millions of people in their daily lives. We apply big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to global markets.
We recently soft launched Paytm AI (PAI) Risk, our full end-to-end fraud management system that is able to make real-time decisions. It works as a dynamic rule engine to make day-to-day analyses and procedures easier by supporting a deep integration of an organization’s data in any industry.
This role is a senior-level position and depending on the candidate they could potentially be a senior manager or director in this role.
We’re looking for a passionate and creative Director of Product Design to design and creatively innovate our real-time fraud solution that is used across multiple industries such as Financial Services, eCommerce, and more. The ideal candidate will have experience in defining design processes, scaling design teams, leading projects through the full development cycle, conducting small-scale usability testing, and can contribute to the central design system.
- Lead the design decisions for experiences transforming the tech space
- Produce designs to illustrate concepts through sketches, site maps, conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes, high fidelity prototypes
- Translate business requirements, customer needs, and technology constraints into simple user-centric design solutions
- Analyze and identify methods to improve designs of existing products
- Guide collaborations with PMs, engineers, customer support, sales, and marketing to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch
- Design solutions for a variety of touch areas: web app, Android, and iOS
- Develop a deep understanding of our target market by using empathy, curiosity, and good UX research skills
- Understand sales processes across industries for potential B2B products
- Discover solutions and validate them quickly using experiments and prototypes
- Build impactful customer relationships and be the voice of the customer within your team, helping provide context, empathy, and rationale behind customer needs
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience designing responsive web and/or mobile software applications
- A degree in Design, Product Management, or a related field
- A strong portfolio in product design, service design, product strategy, and/or UX research and design
- Strong experience in demonstrating process, usability principles, and research methodologies in data visualization and interaction design
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to rationalize design decisions with various stakeholders
- A team player, with a strong desire to work collaboratively with a fast-growing company of fellow Engineers and Product Managers
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated individual with acute attention to detail
Why Join Paytm Labs!
- Flexibility to WFH
- For the third year in a row, we are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work
- We were also certified as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2020
- We are an open work environment that fosters collaboration, ownership, creativity, and urgency
- We ensure flexible hours outside of our core working hours
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- Team building events
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries, and all types of snacks
- Catered lunches and desserts on a monthly basis
- Daily fun in the office with our competitive games of Ping Pong, Pool, Smash Bros competitions, or FIFA
- And of course, an unlimited amount of freshly made coffee and tea! We’re pretty serious about our coffee beans
- Online learning through the platform, UDEMY
Notice for Job Applicants
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.