Jr. Security Engineer
At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
We take the security of our customer seriously. The Junior Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring that our networks remain secure by conducting investigations, incident handling, and working with the security team to remediate and escalate security incidents.
• Monitor environments for security events and alerts to threats, intrusions, and/or compromises.
• Escalate cyber security events according to operation process and procedures.
• Act as a participant during Cyber Hunt activities at the direction of Incident Manager.
• Participate in after hours on-call rotation.
• Conduct events analysis and documentation.
• Produce comprehensive reports of incident investigations.
• Responsible for understanding the global threat landscape.
• Proactively provide feedback on SOC operational processes and procedures.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar field is required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Sysadmin network skills required.
• Must have a passion for Cyber Security.
• Basic programming skills in various disciplines including scripting languages.
• Fluent with DNS query tools such as dig and nslookup.
• Basic understanding of topics such as sender policy framework and NOTIFY.
• Knowledge of payments and banking systems/companies is a plus.
• Some IT/Security professional experience is preferred.
What We Offer:
• We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency.
• Enrollment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from the day you start working, no waiting period.
• We believe in hard work, fun, innovation, and team building. Every other month, we plan an activity to celebrate that. So far, we've gone biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rocking climbing, and go-karting (to name a few).
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our "Chief Chocolate Officer" is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for all.
• Ping Pong: A chance to be Paytm Labs table tennis champion!
*Selected candidates will be given a technical challenge*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.