Jr. Security Engineer
At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
The Jr. Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring that our entire infrastructure remains secure by conducting investigations, incident handling, and working with the senior engineers to remediate and escalate security incidents. You will be monitoring critical systems, and apply your knowledge and investigation capabilities to any immediate threats.
We take the security of our customers seriously, as such, we are looking for candidates who are keen to learn and are truly passionate for the field. You will be exposed to cutting edge technologies and the latest security tooling.
• Monitor security systems and provide analysis and remediation for anomalous network and system activity
• Create technically detailed reports based on attempted intrusions and events.
• Demonstrate Subject Matter Expertise with tools and processes used in security incident detection and handling.
• Take part in an incident response team, providing security coverage for any incident.
• Lead first level investigations
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar field is required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Sysadmin network skills required.
• Must have a passion for Cyber Security.
• Basic programming skills in various disciplines including scripting languages.
• Knowledge of payments and banking systems/companies is a plus.
• 1-2 years experience in a security operations centre or IT security role in mixed environments - Linux/Unix/Mac/MS.
• Solid understanding of security threats and mitigations
• Good documentation skills and ability to follow processes and procedures
• Ability to observe and improve processes where needed
• Stays current on security threats and trends
• Operation of endpoint protection solutions
Nice to have
• Linux or Windows internals security background
• AWS background
What We Offer:
• We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency.
• Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from the day you start working, no waiting period.
• We believe in hard work, fun, innovation, and team building. Every other month, we plan an activity to celebrate that. So far, we've gone biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rocking climbing, and go-karting (to name a few).
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our "Chief Chocolate Officer" is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for all.
• Ping Pong: A chance to be Paytm Labs table tennis champion!
*Selected candidates will be given a technical challenge*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.