Operations Associate, Merchant Solutions
At Paytm Labs, we build technologies that powers Paytm India, the world's’ fastest growing mobile payments and commerce ecosystem. In addition to, the Paytm Canada app. We use our skills and our biggest asset – data, to make our dent in this universe.
We are committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 230 million users. We believe that this kind of scale, and the unique problems that it presents attracts curious candidates like yourself.
Not often does one get a platform to build something massive. Fortunately for you (if you want it and have it in you) there is Paytm. We are building world class payment solutions for merchants in Canada and are looking for an Operations Associate to set up and run day to day operations so that we can deliver a great experience for our merchants.
As an Operations Associate, you will help set up and manage systems, processes and policies for day to day business operations - including setting up merchant accounts, managing flow of funds, fraud and privacy management and much more. You must obsess over every dollar of money movement and how that impacts merchants and our business.
The role of an Operations Associate, Merchant Solutions at Paytm is therefore a lifestyle not a job! If you're passionate about payments and business operations and want to work in an entrepreneurial environment with a lot of responsibility and opportunity for tremendous growth, then there is no better place than Paytm.
• Be a self-starter
• Set up processes, systems, policies to manage merchant operations - including but not limited to setting up new merchants on the system, monitoring and managing flow of funds, managing fraud
• Work with the product team and engineers to 1) set up systems and processes 2) continuously improve operations 3) launch new features/servicesWork with vendors/partners - banks, payment processors, biller aggregators, and risk and fraud management partners amongst others
• Work with the accounting team for money management and reconciliation
• Work with the customer care team to address any operational issues impacting merchants
• Create and monitor dashboards to improve decision making
• Analyze and help implement fraud and risk management rules and policies
• Take on other responsibilities as needed
• 3+ years of experience in business operations in a financial services / payments company; experience specific to Merchant Payment Solutions is a big plus
• Strong technical aptitude/skills to work with engineers and set up and manage operational processes, rules, new features and requirements for internal systems
• Highly detail oriented and diligent
• Strong analytical skills, communication skills and a "get stuff done" attitude
• Tableau, Excel and SQL skills is a big plus (else will need to learn)
• Willingness to learn new things, take on responsibility and work hard
• Experience in fraud management and regulatory compliance is an added bonus
What We Offer:
• We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
• A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
• Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from Day 1, no waiting period
• We believe in hard work, fun innovation and team building – we’ve gone biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rock climbing, and go-karting (to name a few!)
• Chocolates & Snacks: Our “Chief Chocolate Officer” is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for other
• Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries to our office
• Ping Pong: Become the next Paytm Labs Table Tennis champ!
• And so much more!
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. Paytm Labs is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.