Government, Business Development Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Remote, DC or Tampa based strongly preferred.
At PeakMetrics, we stand at the forefront of narrative intelligence, harnessing the power of advanced machine learning to safeguard enterprises and government agencies from social media manipulation and narrative attacks. Our platform rapidly sifts through millions of unstructured, cross-channel media datasets, transforming them into actionable insights. By identifying adversarial online messaging, understanding its audience, and providing crucial context such as source credibility, we empower our customers to effectively respond to digital threats.
Our team tackled some of today's most intricate media challenges, from crisis management to thwarting state-sponsored disinformation campaigns. Our goal is unwavering: to shield our clients from the risks of social media manipulation and emerging narrative threats by detecting and remediating from harmful online trends.
As PeakMetrics’ Government, Business Development Manager, you’ll leverage your expert knowledge of the DoD sales cycle and procurement process to drive Business Development efforts for PeakMetrics. You’ll build critical relationships with DoD stakeholders and Prime Contractors, and identify opportunities where PeakMetrics’ cutting-edge Narrative intelligence solution can support mission needs. You will be representing PeakMetrics at relevant conferences and networking events. You’ll identify and develop proposals for relevant solicitations, RFPs, and other contract opportunities.
This position requires someone who is passionate about integrating cutting edge technology with DoD and government teams. You are a person who has experience networking with stakeholders and senior leaders, identifying customer pain points, and communicating with internal team members.
What you will accomplish:
- Develop a DoD / Government customer pipeline
- Drive business development efforts to engage with potential customers and present PeakMetrics to drive sales and close federal contract opportunities
- Maintain a CRM to keep track of ongoing conversations and relationships
- Develop a strong understanding of PeakMetrics’ capabilities and how they can provide value to customers
- Identify and monitor relevant opportunities through channels such as Sam.gov, Vulcan, and Govtribe
- Develop proposals for relevant solicitations, RFPs, and other contract opportunities
- Periodic travel to support on-site customer meetings and conferences
Would love to hear from you if you have:
- 6+ years employed by or serving the DoD/USG.
- 3+ years working with Information Related Capabilities (IRCs)
- 1+ years working in a BD role with a commercial technology company
- Proven track record of winning and maintaining six and seven-figure deals with Defense and Government agencies
- Familiarity with DoD and USG procurement processes
- Experience engaging with and briefing senior leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- US Citizenship
- Preferred: Experience working with Information Operations or MISO teams
- Preferred: Experience working in Combatant Commands
- Preferred: Experience working with a startup or small business
- Remote-first culture
- Compensation: Base + Variable = OTE
- Health insurance, 401(k) and other benefits
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited time off
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- A vibrant and inclusive company culture
$110,000 - $140,000 a year
PeakMetrics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We truly believe that diversity in identity, background, thought, and perspective strengthens a team. So we are committed to creating an environment where diversity is more than a statement and all teammates have the support they need, feel a sense of belonging, and know they can truly thrive.