Sr. Data Scientist
Los Angeles, CA /
Engineering Team /
Full-time, US-based remote
Our mission is to protect enterprises and government agencies from disinformation attacks by uncovering threatening online trends and neutralizing them.
PeakMetrics is a cybersecurity solution that extracts insights and creates actionable data from millions of unstructured, cross-channel media datasets in real-time. We use ML to spot adversarial online messaging, understand the audiences behind them, present context such as source credibility, and help customers respond.
PeakMetrics has been battle-tested on some of today’s most complex media issues – from responding to crisis management situations to combating state-sponsored disinformation.
As a Data Scientist you will work directly with our product, engineering, and leadership teams to develop data-heavy products. You must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. You must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
The ideal candidate will have mathematical and statistical expertise, along with natural curiosity and a creative mind. While mining, interpreting, and cleaning our data, this person will be relied on to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover hidden opportunities for realizing the data’s full potential. As part of a team of specialists, the data scientist will “slice and dice” data using various methods and create new visions for the future.
You will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering.
What you will do at PeakMetrics:
- Research and develop algorithms for detection of social media narratives within large volumes of online content.
- Conduct and establish data quality assessments.
- Conduct data-driven research into misinformation and provide product data science support.
- Analyze data to drive optimization and improvement of product development.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Collaborate cross functionally to better understand the end-user and the features needed to solve their problems/pain points in the product.
- Grow and develop the data science capabilities, processes, and team within PeakMetrics.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience in NLP, ML and Data Visualization.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
It would be nice if you have:
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Advanced experience in pattern recognition and predictive modeling.
- Experience with marketing.
$116,000 - $155,000 a year
We are looking to build a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive engineering team. We have a number of outstanding benefits to support that.
We are a fully distributed team. Without a central office, everyone’s on an equal footing wherever you’re based in the United States.
We offer flexible schedules and unlimited time off. Take vacations to recharge! We’re about long-term growth and success, so that means working sustainably.
We provide outstanding health care and vision coverage for you and your family.
We offer a 401(k) and HSA programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building an organization that empowers and promotes diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging (DEIB). We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.