Media Intelligence Analyst
Los Angeles, CA /
Job Type: Contract (Part-Time/20hrs week)
Our mission is to protect enterprises and government agencies from disinformation attacks by uncovering threatening online trends and neutralizing them.
PeakMetrics is a cybersecurity solution that extracts insights and creates actionable data from millions of unstructured, cross-channel media datasets in real-time. We use ML to spot adversarial online messaging, understand the audiences behind them, present context such as source credibility, and help customers respond.
PeakMetrics has been battle-tested on some of today’s most complex media issues – from responding to crisis management situations to combating state-sponsored disinformation.
As an Intelligence Analyst, you will utilize tech savviness, analytical writing, and reporting skills to deliver products and help some of our top government and commercial customers find success. You will use PeakMetrics’ narrative analysis technology to analyze all types of publicly available/open-source channels in the information environment -- news, blogs, and social media, for critical themes, trends, and insights.
This position requires someone who is passionate about tracking adversarial influence campaigns/disinformation and their impact on the real world as they unfold. You are a person who is adept at report writing and enthusiastic about distilling and incorporating requirements from government and commercial stakeholders to ensure we are delivering the best possible products to our customers.
What you will do at PeakMetrics:
- Leverage PeakMetrics’ data platform and media narrative analysis technology to analyze online news, blogs, and social media posts
- Support customer workflows and use cases to ensure they find maximum success
- Review, analyze, and quantify insights for key stakeholders
- Create regular reports summarizing key findings and analysis
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years in Information Operations, PSYOPS, or Intel work related to malign influence
- Experience performing analysis with PAI tools, media intelligence platforms, or OSINT
- Experience creating briefings or analysis reports for senior leadership
- Available to work 15-20 hours every week (hours flexible) for the duration of the project
- Preferred: Proficiency with national cyber missions/operations
- Bonus: Fluency in African, Eastern European, or Indo-Pacific relations, cultures, and media sources
- Bonus: Strong grasp of boolean operators to create complex search queries
$40 - $40 an hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building an organization that empowers and promotes diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging (DEIB). We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.