Motion Graphic Designer (Contract)
About the company
You've never worked for a company quite like Pearmill. That wishlist you have for your current company... We've ticked all those boxes. We're growing fast and we're changing the game as we go.
We're a diverse group of designers, marketers, and engineers from across the world, working together to help grow some of the most iconic startups in the world.
Pearmill was founded in 2018 as an agency structured to excel at digital performance marketing. Our goal is to shift advertising towards a more trustworthy industry by producing beautiful, honest, and high-performing ads, while creating a healthier and more transparent environment for our people.
We're looking for a motion graphic designer with experience creating ads for paid social. This is a full-time contract position for 1 month, with the possibility of extension.
What you’ll do as a Motion Graphic Designer:
- Work with with our team to gain a deep understanding of our clients’ product and vision, and then use your creativity to bring it to life
- Think creatively and develop new motion design concepts that work in various digital formats
- Animate storyboards created by our design team
- Edit raw footage to be included in video ads
- Sync with the ad ops team to analyze the best performing elements in ads
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas
- Amend final designs to clients comments and gain full approval
- Collaborate with other designers from Pearmill and clients’ teams
What you’d need to succeed:
- Background in digital graphic design and motion design — including a portfolio of your work.
- Proficiency in motion design software - Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, and others.
- 2D shape and typography animation
- Video editing
- Ability to build hierarchy and to find the most efficient way to define it with animation
- Good taste and understanding of motion trends
- Comfort with standard design software including Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Curiosity about design analysis in order to find out which ads perform well and which elements in them are key to the ads’ success
- Attention to detail and organization while managing tight deadlines and multiple projects
- Comfort with collaborative culture while maintaining independence in managing your time and prioritization
- Be a pleasure to work with :)
Strongly preferred but not required:
- Experience creating illustrations from scratch
- Sound design experience
- Knowledge in character animation
What you'll find here:
- Competitive salary with bonus structure
- Full coverage for health, dental, and vision
- Distributed, remote, and global culture
- 401k with 100% matching up to 4%
- Unlimited vacation with 3-weeks required vacation
- Unlimited mental health or physical health leave
- Remote work budget to make it easier to work from wherever you feel most productive!
- Monthly physical activity budget to get your body moving
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Stipend for laptop and other home office equipment
- Indoor plant budget
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Yearly stipend for books, seminars, courses, and coaches
- Matching for charitable donations
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Pearmill is a diverse company with team members hailing from all backgrounds and walks of life. We’re a globally-distributed team and committed to continuing to build a company that represents the world we live in. We encourage candidates of underrepresented groups to apply.