About the company
You've never worked for a company quite like Pearmill. That wishlist you have for your current company... We've ticked all those boxes. We're growing fast and we're changing the game as we go.
We're a diverse group of designers, marketers, and engineers from across the world, working together to help grow some of the most iconic startups in the world.
Pearmill was founded in 2018 as an agency structured to excel at digital performance marketing. Our goal is to shift advertising towards a more trustworthy industry by producing beautiful, honest, and high-performing ads, while creating a healthier and more transparent environment for our people.
About the role
Do you think that code is a form of art? Do you want to be proud of what you create and know that you're creating value for people who use your software? Do you think that pace and quality can go hand-in-hand? Then this may be the perfect fit for you.
We're looking for our first front-end engineer to take an internal product we've been working on and launch it to the external world. So far, all the tools we've built either don't have an interface or are built on top of tools like Retool and now we're ready to let people other than our team use what we've built.
Our tools all help our existing team of designers and growth marketers be more effective at creating beautiful ads for all our clients, and we want to give the outside world access to them.
You'll be collaborating with our designers, talking to users, and helping shape our product. Both the codebase and the interface will be your oyster.
On the engineering team, there's a backend engineer and a data engineer ready to support you with APIs and data to build the best product possible.
You're the gem we're looking for if you're trying to be the best front-end engineer, building a complex web-app, and not shying away from watching users use what you've built in front of you to improve upon it!
You'll have direct access to our design and growth teams to receive feedback on your work, and later on (when we're ready) our paying users.
Oh, and did we mention the perks?
What you'll do as a frontend engineer:
- Develop front-end applications based on existing high-fidelity designs
- Collaborate with backend and data engineers to build a robust web-app that will generate value for other growth and marketing teams
- Create and own our frontend codebase, make architectural decisions, and set us up for scale
- Develop a deep understanding of our overall growth marketing space
- Own execution from understanding requirements, to collaborating on design ideas, to implementing and shipping the frontend product
- Build a world-class web-app that's well tested, maintained, and extremely reliable
- Ensure high standards of code architecture, syntax, and structure
- Have empathy for your users, understand their problems, and help come up with solutions alongside the team
- 4+ years of relevant front-end experience
- You've worked on a complex React web-app before and can build one from scratch
- You're comfortable with Typescript and want to use a type-safe language on your projects
- Ability to work autonomously to deliver reliable, well-tested code
- Experience taking designs from tools like Figma and implementing them from start to finish
- Having some UI design skills yourself is a plus!
What you'll find here:
- Competitive salary with profit sharing
- 99% coverage for health, dental, and vision
- Distributed, remote, and global culture
- Unlimited vacation with 3-weeks required vacation
- Unlimited mental health or physical health leave
- Twice a month house cleaning budget!
- Stipend for laptop and other home office equipment
- Indoor plant budget
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Yearly stipend for books, seminars, courses, and coaches
- Matching for charitable donations
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Pearmill is a diverse company with team members hailing from all backgrounds and walks of life. We’re a globally-distributed team and committed to continuing to build a company that represents the world we live in. We encourage candidates of underrepresented groups to apply.