HR Generalist - Remote (Temp to Hire)
Sandy, UT /
Operations – People Ops / HR /
What is Peek?
Peek has built the leading software platform for the tours, activities and rentals industry (e.g., hot air balloon rides, boat rentals, zip-lining, cooking classes), empowering thousands of operators to automate their businesses and grow revenue by an average of 30%. More than 8 million activities lasting over 1.4 billion hours have been booked through the Peek platform, and Peek activities have received more than one million verified 5-star reviews.
Peek has also won numerous awards for innovation, including being named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Travel and a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer (alongside past winners such as Google and Spotify). Forbes called Peek “North America's Next Travel Unicorn” and the company has raised over $50 million in funding from top tech investors such as Eric Schmidt and Jack Dorsey. Peek’s CEO Ruzwana Bashir has been named one of Fortune's Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs, Fast Company's 100 Most Creative People in Business and was a Finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year.
Why you should join our team!
Peek’s mission is to connect the world through experiences and we’re excited to grow our team! We’ve assembled a group of avid travel and technology enthusiasts who live our core values on a daily basis: obsessing over our customers, accomplishing big things, getting better every day, and collaborating with purpose. Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 120 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as SF, SLC, NYC, Seattle, Chile, Colombia and beyond.
If all of this gets you excited and you want to be part of an industry-transforming growth-stage startup, come “take a Peek” and talk to our recruiting team!
We are looking for an entry level, energetic and enthusiastic person to join the Peek Utah team. This person will report to the Manager of HR and dive deep into the world of Human Resources. This is a great opportunity to jumpstart your career with a fun, exciting company
- Maintain our human resource information system (Paycom) records including company organization charts and the employee directory and compiles reports from the database.
- Perform benefit administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, enrollment auditing, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures and maintain the employee handbook.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations including the filing of the EEO-1 report and OSHA reports annually.
- Assist in managing the onboarding process from point of offer through first day, including welcome emails, new hire documentation, new hire orientation and training schedules.
- Organize and/or attend internal/external events to build Peek’s employer brand.Create a positive employee experience for Peek employees.
You will get your feet wet in the areas of
- Employee Relations
- Talent Acquisition
- Training and Development
- Performance Management
- Compensation and Benefits
- Risk Management
- Have strong collaboration acumen and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, startup, entrepreneurial, results-oriented culture
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
- Be incredibly thorough and organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Operate with a sense of urgency and be comfortable working hard and fast with little oversight to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Handle large volume of sensitive information without compromising employee or company confidentiality
Ideally, we think you would also have
- A BA/BS degree from a leading university
- Desire to contribute new ideas and think creatively
And as an added bonus, these would be really sweet too:
- Excellent technical skills (e.g., Greenhouse, Microsoft and Google Apps product suites)
- Prior experience with SaaS products, SMBs and/or Travel industry
Thank you for your interest in Peek!