Strategy and Business Operations Associate - Remote
Sandy, UT /
Finance, Business Operations & Strategy – Strategy & Business Operations /
What is Peek?
Peek has built the leading software platform for the tours, activities and rentals industry (e.g., hot air balloon rides, boat rentals, zip-lining, cooking classes), empowering thousands of operators to automate their businesses and grow revenue by an average of 30%. More than 8 million activities lasting over 1.4 billion hours have been booked through the Peek platform, and Peek activities have received more than one million verified 5-star reviews.
Peek has also won numerous awards for innovation, including being named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Travel and a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer (alongside past winners such as Google and Spotify). Forbes called Peek “North America's Next Travel Unicorn” and the company has raised over $50 million in funding from top tech investors such as Eric Schmidt and Jack Dorsey. Peek’s CEO Ruzwana Bashir has been named one of Fortune's Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs, Fast Company's 100 Most Creative People in Business and was a Finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year.
Why you should join our team!
Peek’s mission is to connect the world through experiences and we’re excited to grow our team! We’ve assembled a group of avid travel and technology enthusiasts who live our core values on a daily basis: obsessing over our customers, accomplishing big things, getting better every day, and collaborating with purpose. Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 120 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as SF, SLC, NYC, Seattle, Chile, Colombia and beyond.
If all of this gets you excited and you want to be part of an industry-transforming growth-stage startup, come “take a Peek” and talk to our recruiting team!
Peek is looking for a highly talented, passionate and analytical individual to join our growing BizOps team. This team is a small cross-functional group that works directly with the executive leadership team to shape the external direction and internal processes of our growing company. The team is made up of former Consultants and Finance professionals from companies like Bain and JP Morgan Chase, with operating experience at leading travel and technology companies like Outdoorsy, Expedia and SeatGeek. The position is ideal for young professionals seeking Strategy, Business Operations and/or Business Analytics experience at an exciting growth-stage SaaS company. Peek’s executive leadership team holds MBAs from Stanford GSB, HBS and NYU Stern, and working on the Peek BizOps team is a great way to gain valuable operating experience with sharp and passionate colleagues.
- Work directly under Peek’s COO to help guide Peek’s short and long-term growth and operational strategy
- Tackle the highest priority strategic questions for our organization, and be a part of the core BizOps team responsible for growth, strategic initiatives and operational insights across all of Peek
- Define, develop and execute highly visible projects such as entering new markets, playing an active role in bringing new products to market, and analyzing and optimizing the performance of current go to market campaigns
- Work with frontline teams (e.g., Sales, Onboarding, Support, Success) to establish and optimize business processes to help the company scale
- Work closely with CFO and Finance team on board relations and fundraising efforts
- Help manage important cross-functional internal business priorities such as running all-hands meetings, supporting People Operations/HR initiatives and contributing to social/culture priorities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent at a top tier university
- Minimum 2 years in strategy/management consulting at a leading firm
- Excellent communications and storytelling skills
- Appreciation for making compelling presentations, with a strong design eye
- Big picture thinking: Ability to engage in day-to-day office work. No task is too small
- CRM (e.g., Salesforce) and/or Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau) experience a plus
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail and relentless follow-through
- Proactive and able to work autonomously when necessaryProcess-oriented, enjoy coordinating work between multiple parties
- A passion for travel!
- Work with COO, CFO and Business Intelligence Manager to lead analytics/tracking of internal processes in order to streamline business operations
- Help develop metrics and KPIs to help Peek achieve its strategic business objectives
- Analyze performance of existing Product, Operations, Business Development and Marketing campaigns in order to improve performance and identify new high-value opportunities
This position will report to the COO, work closely with the EVP of Sales and CFO, and have extensive oversight from the CEO/Co-Founder.
Thank you for your interest in Peek!