San Francisco, CA
Engineering/Product – Design
We are all about Experiences!
Peek is at the core of the Experience industry by building best-in-class business software for experience providers and a growing distribution network. We are a two-sided marketplace with a big emphasis on empowering providers, often small but passionate businesses, to grow and streamline their operations as they focus on the adventures that create lasting memories for their customers.
Peek’s rapid growth has made it the largest independent B2B activities booking platform in the world. Peek is post-Series-B and has raised over $50m from top technology and travel investors such as Eric Schmidt, Jack Dorsey, Pete Flint, Paul English, and Cathay Innovation. The company has 160+ employees worldwide, with offices in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Chile, New York and Seattle. CNBC labeled Peek as the “OpenTable for activities,” it won the Tribeca “Disruptive Innovation Award” alongside Airbnb and the New York Times called Peek.com “a site you want to visit again and again.”
Peek has always had a passion for simple design and ease of use. Our design team is at the heart of this passion. Peek’s Design team serves a key role in creating new features and maintaining consistency across a complex multi-channel platform, Peek Pro and Peek Marketplace. We are looking for a design leader who is a quick, big thinker that can easily translate strategies down to execution while keeping up the pace of innovation of Peek.
If you get excited about digging into customer pain points, with an unstoppable desire to improve the product for thousands of experience providers, then this could be the role for you!
This position will report to the VP of Product, with extensive cross-functional interaction.
- Own the design vision and strategy for our B2B (Peek Pro) & B2C (Peek.com) products
- Engage extensively with customers, internal teams and external partners in order to gain first hand insight on the business needs & opportunities
- Work with product managers, engineers, and company leadership to identify & execute on biggest UI/UX opportunities
- Create plans and manage to them rigorously in an agile environment
- Manage a team of fun and customer focused designers
- Collaborate with marketing team on brand designs and collateral
- Be the face of Peek’s design, within the company, and to our customer
- Always be curious to learn and grow yourself
Experience and Skills
- 10+ years of design experience
- 5+ years of experience leading design teams
- Experience partnering with VP of Product, VP of Marketing, CTO, and Engineering Leads to drive design in business and product strategy, vision, and execution
- Experience with SaaS B2B software design and B2C consumer-facing products
- Enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced and complex startup environment
- Track record of creating and leading design solutions
- Ability to be both a visionary and in the weeds when needed. You lead by example
- Organized, impeccable attention to detail, and relentless follow-through
- A passion for travel!
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefit program
- Apple equipment
- Snacks, drinks, and Tuesday Breakfast
- Weekly catered Peeknic lunch with live guest speakers, e.g. Jack Dorsey of Twitter, Pete Flint of Trulia, SF District Attorney George Gascón
- Happy hours and quarterly team outings
- Partner Days where we visit our clients, watch and learn from them and get to know them better
- Company retreats
- Monthly Peek.com credits
Please note: This role requires existing U.S. work authorization. Peek is not sponsoring new visas at this time.