Business Development Representative - Remote Role
United States /
Sales – Mid-Market /
With over $2 billion in bookings of experiences, the Peek.com platform combines powerful business software with an award-winning marketplace for consumers to book fun things to do like wine tours, watersports, skydiving, art classes, and more.
The Peek Pro software suite provides world-class online booking, point-of-sale, and hundreds of automation tools such as inventory management, dynamic pricing, waivers, and marketing analytics. Thousands of operators like the Museum of Ice Cream, Artechouse, and Jam NOLA have grown their business and automated their operations with our technology.
Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 250 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as San Francisco, New York, Austin, Nashville, Salt Lake City, Santiago, Medellin and beyond. We recently raised over $80 million backed by Westcap and Goldman Sachs to continue uniting the world through experience.
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list and was granted Newsweek’s Future of Travel award.
- Build pipeline using a mix of outreach techniques: sales and cold outreach calling methodologies and various relationship building opportunities (e.g. trade shows, mutual connections)
- Ensure all data is properly maintained and updated in the CRM & provide weekly progress reports
- Develop relationships at multiple levels in accounts, news, PR about accounts
- Set meetings & demos between prospective clients and Peek’s Enterprise Account Executives
- Gain in-depth knowledge of Peek products and technologies, territories, accounts, competitors, industry trends, etc.
- Work with AE and cross-collaborate with marketing, product and sales ops teams to effectively project manage the sales process for prospective clients through to the onboarding stage
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Qualify leads and/or Accounts as Enterprise level sales opportunities
- Collaborate with the team on account sales strategy
- LBM and ABM campaigns for top and middle funnel engagement and results.
- Proven track record in Business Development, Account Management or related experience in the Tours, Attractions, and Experiences field
- Master networker, connecting with prospects even when outside of sales-motion to foster deep relationships
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking skills to acquire a higher level understanding of role, processes, and procedures
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Goal-oriented individual with superior communication skills
- Able to complete individual goals as well as work in a team environment
- Self-motivated and able to perform well under pressure and against aggressive goals and deadlines
- Skilled at presenting new perspectives to customers that challenge the way they view their business
- Attention to detail with administrative responsibilities
- A real passion for the tourism activities market and/or SAAS sales
- Bonus points: tourism market sales or marketing experience, project management skills, experience with Salesforce, Asana, Outreach.
- Working in front of a computer during working hours (outside of breaks)
- Extended periods of concentration
- Ability to speak in front of groups of people via Zoom and on the phone (in person)
- Frequent communication (External – 80%; Internal– 20%) (written / verbal)
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Possible conferences and/or on-site visits depending on the status of the pandemic
Perks & Benefits
Peek invests in our employee’s health and well-being. We’ve built our benefits package around our Peekster’s needs including full health care, dental, and vision plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, company recharge at the end of the year, and competitive compensation packages that include significant equity upside that allows you to share in Peek’s long-term success.
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Beginning on July 1, you may locate and view the UnitedHealthcare MRFs on the UnitedHealthcare public site by going to transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com.
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.